Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Sweetheart...

...is such a sweetheart!!! He got me a dozen roses and my favorite candy - almond roca. The roses are beautiful and so fragrant. They came as quite a surprise when they were delivered. Ty definitely went over-board this year. So sweet of him!



Now I feel kind of lame for getting him a new electric razor - I should have thought of something more romantic I guess, but it was something I knew he wanted - you've got to give me some credit. Right?



We had another treat over Sweetheart weekend. My mom and step-dad came to visit. They arrived Friday in the late afternoon. We enjoyed our evening together - catching up. Cash had to show his Grandpa everything in the house (explain who is in all the pictures, show him Vanna's "pretty room", etc.) - as if he's never seen any of it before. He was so excited to have Grandma and Grandpa stay with us and sleep in his bed. On Saturday, we went shopping, went for rides, went bowling and ate out at Wingers. Wingers is kind of a tradition for Ty and myself - our very first date was on Valentine's Day and on that date, we ate at Wingers. I think we've gone there to dinner every year since. We spent Sunday enjoying Church, one another's company and the Olympics. I even gave Ty and my mom pedicures. That was fun. Below you will see more fun that Cash had with Grandpa on numerous occasions throughout the weekend. Him and Grandpa fought fiercely with his swords. Grandpa would give him such a beating that you'd think Cash would have given up but he'd just clench his teeth together and try at it again. He plum wore himself out each night doing it.

All in all, it was a wonderful AND SWEET weekend. Thanks for the visit Grandma and Grandpa! And thanks for all the love Ty!

4 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

Oh how fun! What pretty flowers. Ty is very sweet.

Zoey said...

What a fun tradition that you have! It sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's!

Marcy M Miller said...

Sounds like fun. What pretty flowers! I'm glad your parents were able to come and visit!

Cami Jo said...

WWWWWWWWAIT! Did you say you gave TY a PEDICURE????!!!!! How in the world did you pull that one off?!!! A massage, yes. But a Pedicure? HAHA! That's great!

Glad you had some visitors for a few days. I'm sure the kids loved it! I loved the Roses too, and Almond Roca is one of MY fav's! Sounds like you had a good time!