Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pre-School

Cash just keeps growing up without our permission and I don't know what to do about it. This week he started Pre-School! This is another first for us and we are left in awe at how fast time flies - it seems we just had the little man yesterday.

Cash age 4 - sporting his new "pack-pack" and ready to start school.

To say he's been excited for this day would be an understatement!

He seems to be loving it and I think it will work out so nicely for our little family. He will be going to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30-12:30. Our local library does story-time on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at pretty much the same time so we'll do school on Tues., story-time on Wed., and school again on Thurs. It will be nice to have a little consistency there and be on a nice schedule.
I think Cash will love having a little time to himself to play and learn away from his little tag-along sister. And I'm really looking forward to having some one on one time with Miss Vanna. It seems the three of us are ALWAYS together (even the kids' nap times are the same so I rarely have one on one time with either of them) and as a result the kids can get on eachother's nerves a touch (and when they're not getting along well, it wears on my nerves a touch too). It will be so nice to break their time together up a bit. I'm hoping the kids will enjoy one another's company a little more this way.

Although the two of them bicker sometimes, they truly are inseperable. Vanna wanted to be in each picture I took of Cash when we dropped him off at Pre-School. And when it came time to actually leave my baby boy there - Vanna cried her little heart out (all the way home - which is saying something because it's a good 15 minute drive to Fruitland where he goes to school - it ws a cheaper Pre-School there and taught by a friend I already knew and felt good about). She missed Cash immediately but I was able to entertain her with a trip to the park while he was at school and that seemed to pacify her.

Cash's class consists of two other little boys and two little girls. A class of 5 total including him and I love that it's a small, good group. In fact, two of the kids are some of our friends' kids so it will all work out real nice I think.

It's hard to believe we're at this stage with him but I'm thrilled for Cash. And he's extatic about this new experience. Go Cash!!!

4 comments:

The Grows said...

Wow, you little family is growing up so fast. I am glad to hear that Pre-school is working out well for you. Enjoy!

Suzie-Q said...

You will have so much fun with just Vanna time.
I am so excited to just have time with Edwin in the mornings while everyone else is at school.
Goodluck with everything.

Cami Jo said...

I can't believe he's in pre-school either! What a handsome little man. I'll be he's the smartest in the class!

And yeah- you read right. I haven't officially announced it on my blog yet, since we're not positive of the start date, but we are moving. Believe me, it's been the hardest decision I've ever had to make! James just really didn't like his job. He wanted hospital all along, but since there was nothing available we took the retail job and it's not turning out to be what we wanted. He works every other Sunday, and he has 12 hour shifts which are hard. We couldn't find ANYTHING available in Utah in a hospital, (they all required a few years experience or a residency), so we started looking else-where. We found a job in Farmington, NM (The four corners area...about 7 1/2 hours from Salt Lake City) with Indian Health Services, and really felt like that's where we needed to be. Don't get me wrong...it took a lot of convincing on God's part, but in the end, we both felt right about it. We absolutely LOVE HEBER, but nothing has seemed right since we moved here. I think we'll end up here some day, but the timing just wasn't right. With his new job, it's at a hospital, and he'll only work every 5th or 6th sunday. Also, they will re-pay his student loans. So...we figure we can go for a few years...(they'll even let him do a residency and pay him the same) get a few years experience, pay off our loans, and hopefully be able to find a better job closer to family! That's what we're hoping anyway. The city really isn't bad though. 50-60,000 people. Kind of reminds us of Pocatello. It has all the major stores, (Wal-mart, Home Depot, a Mall) so it should work out okay to live there. ANyway, sorry for the novel. I don't mind at all telling you though...it just hadn't come up on the blog yet! We're thinking we'll be starting the end of September. It's going to be hard to leave this city and our families....again...but in the end, we know it's right. Anyway- if you are headed this way in the next few weeks, you are still welcome to stop by!!!!

Johnson's said...

Man your little ones have sure
Blossomed. They are adorable. I loved reading the conversations. Watch out, he will be of to ki.dergarten and it doesnt seem possible. I always tell my kids im going tp invent a pill to make them stop growing. Brooklynn always tells me its not possible. I sure which I could though, and I would share it.