Monday, July 11, 2011

Wait...what was that?!

These kids are just growing up so darn fast!  It's hard to believe we have a five year old (who I can hardly pick up anymore) and a three year old (who thinks she's five and capable of doing whatever Cash is)!


Cash really is such a good big brother.  He's original in the fact that he loves to tease and torment his little sister, however, at the same time, he is wonderful to play with her and make her laugh.  Vanna will even choose Cash to tuck her in her bed at night sometimes.  Cash likes trying to help her and show her new things.  Of course he likes to out-do her with tricks that he thinks she's too clumsy to perform as well.  Anyway, the kids truly wouldn't know what to do without one another.


Vanna is a great big sister as well.....

.....wait, what was that!?


Yes.  Vanna is on her way to being big sister as well and she's great at it!  We ARE expecting baby #3 this winter and are very excited.  My actual due date is January 2nd but I'm planning on December (the closest to my due date I've ever been is three weeks early - now you understand :).  We will find out in another month or so what we're having - Cash is pulling for a boy and Vanna is pulling for a girl  - of course :). 

Vanna always asks if the baby is still in my tummy and if it's doing good.  Cash is very curious and bubbling over with excitement about the baby as well.  Each morning he asks if the baby kicked me during the night and when I'm eating a meal, he'll ask if the food I'm eating is for the baby too.  These guys are at such a fun age for this and I know they're going to be great little helpers.  In fact, just after we told the kids our news, and Ty explained that this is why mommy has been sick so often and tired all the time, Cash ran to the bathroom and brought me the garbage and said, "here you go mom, just in case" (just in case I throw up, I guess :).  Ty also gave Cash the assignment of making sure I drink plenty of water throughout the day (a habit I'm not good at and need reminding of) and boy is he on top of that.  

I'm so grateful for such great kids and we are thrilled to pieces to be blessed with another.  We will just keep praying all goes well and keep you all posted! 

17 comments:

Amy S said...

Wahoo!! Congrats you and your family! I hope you start feeling better soon.

Amanda Lillie said...

Wow that is so exciting we are so happy for you!

ranceandtessa said...

Awe - I am so happy for you Erica. That is wonderful news!!! I am very excited for you:)

Sweet Pea said...

Congrats Erica!!! Such a fun time in life!!

Carrie

julie said...

Yay! More cute Bazil babies!!!

Darci and Ryan said...

Congrats!! So much fun. Hope you feel better soon!

Marcy M Miller said...

Congrats! That is such exciting news! Zak and I kept wondering when this would happen.

Stacie said...

Congratulations! I kinda was thinking you were on Sunday. Anyway, I am so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see what you're having!

Zoey said...

So much fun!!! I'm so excited and happy for your family to add another 'Bazil' to the mix! Congrats!

Trenton & Maren said...

Congrats Erica! How exciting... I hope you are starting to feel a little better. I bet the kids are super excited! Let me know if I can help you out anytime.

amber-girl said...

Haha! I just knew that one had to be coming soon! ;) and I can't believe your "baby" is three years old!!!! And I am so so so excited for you guys and baby #3!!! It will be so fun to watch you through the next five months! Totally makes me want to join in the fun and have a bun in the oven too!! Good thing I have a cute baby to keep me occupied instead! Haha! Anyhoo...congrats again friend!!! Hope all goes well and you get another healthy little one to love and cuddle.

Cami Jo said...

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! Are you guys going to find out what your having, or keep it a surprise??? Hope all goes well with this pregnancy for you. Have you been feeling sick? Cash and Vanna remind me of Carson and Kenzie. Carson will tease McKenzie at home, but they are best friends normally, and he totally sticks up for her and helps her whenever we're not at home! Anyway- congrats again! I'm so excited for you guys!

headtotoephoto said...

Woot Woot!! Congrats girl!! That is awesome!!

Shauna said...

Yay! Congrats! I'm sure they will love having a baby around!

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys! That is exciting! Let us know when you find out what you are having ok? Love ya, and hope you are feeling good!

Camille said...

Congratulations! That is such exciting news! You have such adorable kids. Can't wait to see the next one!

Holly said...

Hey! I haven't checked out blogs forever! Congrats on baby number 3! We are having our 3rd as well a boy due the first of November. Hope all is going well for you.