Tuesday, August 2, 2011

You Saw This One Coming Right?

Well, we traded in our car and bought a ...


minivan!  Neither me or Ty were too excited about getting a van.  Ty would tease that minivan=miniman :)  But three kids = need for larger vehicle, so we had to get something different that would fit our growing family. 

So we looked a lot at the adorable third row cross-overs (that packed you in like sardines with no additional storage/trunk-type space) and SUV's (many of which felt like I was driving a bus - Ty didn't like the price on those monsters either) and, of course, vans.  After looking at many, thinking a lot, and test driving a few, we decided the van was best for us.  We ended up getting a 2008 Toyota Sienna that was in amazing condition with hardly any miles.  We're pretty happy with our decision.  The van is growing on us because gosh, they sure make those things convenient for families. 

The kids were so excited to get a new vehicle.  We've had it a couple weeks and they still act like it's an amusement park ride each time we load in. We've had to put rules and limits on the DVD player and the buttons for the sliding doors (the kids just can't seem to keep their little fingers off those things!) but still their fascination with these items is constant.  I am really enjoying all the space and will really love it I'm sure when the baby comes.   


Thought I'd throw in a belly picture too.  It's the first we've taken and really was only taken because Cash got hold of the camera and said, "say cheese mom".  So I quickly posed and there you go.  He did pretty good and it was probably time to get a shot of my growing tummy to scrapbook.  I definitely feel like I'm growing quicker and larger than with the previous two but I'm starting to feel better and things seem to be going pretty well so far - we have much to be grateful for and little room for complaining. :)  I am now 18 weeks along and for some reason I can not wait to find out what we are having.  I'm so ready to get things out and ready for the baby and re-decorate the kids' bedrooms that it's driving me crazy not knowing.  Only two more weeks until my ultrasound and we'll let you all know!  Yay!

11 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

I hear that the sienna is amazing! I was even looking into one when we thoguht we might have to buy a new minivan.
You look great! Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound!

Trenton & Maren said...

You look pretty amazing! How fun! We love our minivan! And yes, those buttons are a magnet for Ephraim as well. He is always playing around with the doors. Luckily we can switch them off up front, but the big kids know that and can turn them on/off up front. Conveniences, right? Well, we definitely need to get together for dinner soon! Glad you are feeling better.

Camille said...

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. I cried the whole way to the dealership when I traded my Jeep in for a van, but we absolutely love it. There really is nothing more convenient for a family. I bet your kids love it!

You look adorable, by the way. Cash it quite the photographer!

Amy S said...

We are in the same situation right now. Do we get a suv or a minivan?? I'm glad that you guys are happy with the van. If we go with a van that will be the our choice too. Hope the kids always like riding in it. :)

Zoey said...

We love having our van and wouldn't trade it for an SUV --- because of course, you pay a little more for the payment, a little more for insurance, and a little more for gas. In the end, it's a lot more.

Your belly is cute! I'm glad that you are feeling better ... and I can't wait to find out what you are having either!

Marcy M Miller said...

Nice ride! We love our minivan! You look so cute.

Amanda Lillie said...

I already have some projects in the making for you and the baby! My friend is due just a day after you so I have been making things for both genders hoping that each of you has one or the other haha I'm so excited for you!

Cami Jo said...

So you joined the dark side, huh?!!! Welcome to Soccer mom world!!! We actually have had no regrets with our van. It's so much more economical and convenient with little kids! I'm sure you'll learn to love yours in the end. Plus- I secretly love Jamming out at a red light in a mini-van. I get the best looks from people! You look so stinkin' cute, too!!!! Can't wait to hear what you are having!

Jennie said...

So jealous of your van, and that is a phrase I didn't think I would ever say! We will be jamming the 3 kids in the back of our car for now, not ideal but a new car just isn't in the budget right now. Enjoy the upgrade, it sounds fantastic!

The Nelsons said...

Sad day huh? Man I am so jealous. I share the sentiment though. Minivans have a rep. But if only we had the room, and entertainment, and convenience. Ah, some day.

Melinda said...

I've been so behind reading my friends' blogs! Congrats on baby #3 are in order! Our summer has been crazy too, but I'd love to try to get together some weekend after Labor Day (when the routine of school settles back in). It would be so great to see you guys again. And just leave it to Cash to get the belly picture! I haven't even met him as a full fledged little guy yet and I already get a kick out of him!