Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hey There Little Red Riding Hood

Vanna started taking dance classes in the fall and had her first dance recital on December 12th.  She actually has a couple young boys in her dance class and so their routine was a Little Red Riding Hood dance with the girls as Little Red Riding Hood and the boys as The Big Bad Wolves. 



I asked her if she thought she'd get nervous dancing in front of so many people and she just shrugged her little shoulders and said, "nope."  And the night of the dance rehearsal she did just great - no jitters at all and she was just beaming afterwards. She thought it was sooo fun to dance on stage and have people clap and cheer her on and she was just mesmorized by the big girls and their dance numbers. 


Well the next day came and Vanna was dancing around with excitement before it was time to perform.  Her number was first on the program and it was seriously sooo cute watching her.  I'm just so glad she's found something she enjoys doing and that she can shine and boost her self confidence a bit.
 
Our favorite babysitter, Elizabeth, came to watch Vanna and Ty was able to make it to the dance recital just in time to see Vanna's dance.  After the entire thing was over, Vanna came up to us and said, "Dad, you missed it!"  He said, "No I didn't, I was here the whole time!"  Vanna: "Oh, you were?"  I guess I should have had Ty go say hi to her and wish her good luck before her number but there wasn't much time and honestly, I didn't think about it.  I'll know better next time. :) 
 
Anyway, when we came home and talked about it, Vanna said to me, "Mom, I want to dance like those girls when I grow up!"  She just had so much fun and now, she can't wait for dance classes to start back up after the Christmas break so that she can learn a new dance and someday dance like the 'big girls'! :)

0 comments: