Tuesday, August 19, 2008

From Two All The Way To Five

I read an article in a magazine the other day about stealing your kid's healthiest habits and some included: 1) Try a new food more than once; 2) Spend more time in the tub - that sounds nice; 3) Snack on cereal - so much healthier than those darn cookies I keep making; 4) Don't overdo soda; 5) Keep your hands clean; 6) Schedule a rubdown - massages are as good for adults as they are for kids and can really help with any stress you, or they, might have. There were more included in the list however, I felt one was missing - kids genuinely enjoy life - they have a habit of having fun! I thought the article was interesting - you can really learn a lot from yourself (by doing the same things you've taught your kids to do - you know that thing we're taught - be the example) and you can really learn so much from kids.

This last couple weeks I've been watching a friend of mine's kids - three little girls to be exact. Poor Cash has been so outnumbered. Lately, he's had a hard time sharing so the experience - for however long it lasts (I'm just watching the kids until she finds a permanent babysitter) - has helped him a little with that. Here is a picture of the whole crew...


As you can imagine, (with a house full of five kids - all age five and under) we've been busy - busy playing (including playing referee). I guess you could say we've had a little bit of that "fun" aforementioned. We've played soccer, made paper airplanes, made forts, etc. In fact, here was our fort today...



Don't get me wrong - I love the girls but it will be nice to get back to my regular day and routine. But we'll enjoy our regular play dates while we can.

4 comments:

IRISH BERNT'S said...

kudos to you erica. you are amazing and you are always helping out others. they do look cute but routines are a good thing too-i can imagine how ready you are to get back to yours. love you!

Suzie-Q said...

It is fun to have play dates. I started the summer out by watching afriends kids, the kids loved to play with each other. hope you are having as much fun as you say you are. Cash is a good sport to play with all those girls!

Marcy M Miller said...

Wow- you have been busy! Alot of work to. I'm so excited to see you guys next week!

The Nelsons said...

I'm always so impressed with you, Erica. You are always willng to help out. It looks like you have your hands full, but you are also having fun. Way to go!