Monday, August 11, 2008

Stopping to Smell the Roses

It's been a little while since I posted - it just seems like time is slipping by so fast. And for that reason I've tried to simply focus on enjoying the kids and the things they are doing - to stop and smell the roses. I easily let myself get caught up in the busy-ness of things and get distracted from what is most important - and kids grow so fast. So the past couple weeks have been filled with swimming, canoeing(sp?), more running through sprinklers, hide and seek, coloring, trips to the park, farm animal petting zoos, bbqs, storytime, bubbles, chocolate chip cookies and more. It has been exhilarating actually to just put everything (okay not everything - a girl has to keep a clean house, do laundry, etc.) on the backburner and just relax and have some simple fun.

Cash loved the petting zoo I took him to at the park. His favorite thing was the goat. He liked the sheep too but got nervous when they made any kind of noise. He was also fearless around the pony and llama but scared of the bunnies. Go figure.



We've made daddy his favorite "sweet" surprise more often this past couple weeks than we have in the past year probably - chocolate chip cookies. Cash wants to be involved in everything you are doing and loves helping me stir in the ingredients. He likes the eating them part too (not as much as I like eating the cookie dough though-yum!) I think chocolate chip cookies are Cash's favorites too.



Cash loves playing with bubbles and playing in the water so..."put them together and what do you got...bippety boppety boo." He'd stay in the tub all day if I let him.



Poor Vanna gets dragged wherever we think we can find some fun and although she can't necessarily participate in it all, she seems to enjoy it. She is most content playing pat-a-cake and sucking on her hand lately.

So I guess now it's time to get back to business - like my new calling and decorating our house, etc. but I think I need to do more of the "stopping to smell the roses" kind of thing more often. It's been fun!

9 comments:

Jennie said...

Hey Erica, I saw your blog from Amy's and decided to take a peek. I can't believe how big Cash is getting, he's adorable! And what a precious baby girl! You two really have a cute family. Hope everything is going great for you guys.

CARLSON'S said...

I visit your blog every now and then just to get updated on the Bazils. Vanna is sure getting big, she looks like Cash. It's good to see that having a 2 year old and a baby hasn't slown you down any. I know how you feel about stopping to smell the roses. I have been trying to do the same lately because I know once baby comes and school starts it's back to chaos. So you mentioned a new calling, what is it? Has Ty been put into the bishopric yet? Keep in touch.

Amy S said...

Thanks for you comment Erica. Sounds like you guys are staying busy and having a lot of fun. Your kids are so adorable and growing fast! Are you loving your new house? From what I can see it looks really cute! I love reading your blog.

Melinda said...

Hey, I saw also got your blog from Amy Spicer's. I think I had heard that you were expecting a second child, but then never heard otherwise. Vanna is a doll!! Anyhow, Cory is making an attempt to go back to school, took a year of pre-requisites, didn't quite make it in, and is re-taking classes this year to hopefully ensure entrance into the Doctoral of Audiology program. If so, we will be 2 years here and 1 in Boise, so hopefully we'll be headed out there in about 3 years. I started teaching band full time last year to aid in this process. Still only have our beautiful girl Samantha. You can click on my name to get to my blog and Cory's blog.

Suzie-Q said...

Do you actually have roses at your house to smell? I miss having real ones cut from our backyard but oh-well Rob did bring nme flowers for our annversary.
Glad that you are finding things to do wioth your family in your new area.

IRISH BERNT'S said...

SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN BUT I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN BY KEEPING A CLEAN HOUSE ETC. KIDS DO GROW FAST THOUGH AND IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE THAT TIME IS GONE SO I NEED TO STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES TOO! HOPE ALL IS WELL. ADORABLE PIX OF THE KIDS AND YOU! MISS YOU AND LOVE YA!

Camille said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment, you are too nice! Also, it reminded me that I forgot to put you on the "tagged" list. ;-) Don't worry, I fixed that, so get out your camera so we can see some pictures of your cute house!

As far as the bed goes, the bedding is all Target (where else?) and the headboard is from RC Willey. RC Willey outlet, actually. I love a good bargain!

Great post, by the way. It actually inspired me to take it easy and make some chocolate chip cookies for my boys tonight. I definitely could stand to stop and smell the roses a little more often. Thanks for the reminder!

Rachel said...

Erica,
Hey! I am so glad you found my blog and commented. It's been ages since I saw you. I knew you were married, but had no idea you had two kids. I am afraid my blog isn't very good for giving updates on me. It's more my spot for getting rid of that writer's itch I get. I am currently living in Idaho Falls. I gradauated from BYU-Idaho and am teaching English to 11th graders at Hillcrest High School. I love it and couldn't be happier. Where are you living? What does your husband do? Etc. :)

Cami Jo said...

It's so good to read your posts. You are always inspiring me to be better. For example: Yesterday I watched 4 kids, under 3, and I was so ornery all day long. Instead of having fun, and playing with them, I was just trying to get a zillion things done, AROUND them all. Then, I read your post about watching those cute girls, and I really tried to change my attitude. I miss you guys. So...what's your new calling? Young Women's again? You'd be great ANYWHERE! Let me know when you come to visit. Vanna looks SO cute. (I especially love her in the red. Hmm...I wonder what amazing friend gave that to her? She must me awesome! Just Kidding!)