Monday, December 8, 2008

Church

Cash loves to go to church. In fact, just a couple Sundays ago he cried because he couldn't go to church with Grandma and Grandpa Bazil (we had to leave for our trip home after our Thanksgiving getaway). Our church schedule is 11:30 to 2:30 however, which is right in the middle of lunch and nap time. As you can imagine, Cash is very tuckered out by the time we get home from church (especially after playing so hard in nursery). This was a snapshot of him a couple weeks ago.


Cash was even more tired than usual because we had tithing settlement after church. By the time we got home and got him in his chair to eat he took a couple bites and was out (and yes, Vanna's bibs were the only clean ones so he got to wear pink). Needless to say, he ate after he woke up from his late nap. We are looking forward to next year's schedule of 9:30 to 12:30. It will work out much better for the kids' routines.

9 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

That is so nice that he loves church so much. Our sched. is 1:00-4:00 and then we stay for Choir which is an hour later. But we don't change at the begining of the year, we do it at the begining of August, I guess it is easier to change with the school year here (because everything revolves around WSU here.)
Sundays are pretty sad around here we don't get any naps unless they do it in sacrament mtg.

Jennie said...

So cute!! I love the sleeping at the table pics. He is such a cute kid! We have church from 1-4 and will switch to 9-12 also, I can't say I am looking forward to it, but it definately will be better for the kids!

The Nelsons said...

We go to church at one now. And I guess in January it's supposed to be 8:30! I'm a little nervous for that one.
I have to tell you I feel so dumb! When I was asking you for your address the other day, it seemed so familiar! I realized after I hung up with you that I already have I and have even used it a couple of times! I'm such a space cadet.
Anyway, we are excited to see your Christmas picture!

Johnson's said...

Erica,
Your kids are so cute..but they have a beautiful mom..what would you expect? I'm glad you got on my blog. I want to keep in touch. My address is 5265 Mesquite Dr #A101 Chubbuck, Id 83202.....what is your address?

amber-girl said...

That's so wierd, I have yet to hear of church from 11:30-2:30! That seems like the worst time ever because who just eats lunch between 10:45 and 11:00 ??? I feel your pain! At least Cash gets a treat in nursery! Our church starts at one, so right during nap time....luckily sacrament mtg is first, when the kids are the best! And did I mention that Carter goes to nursery at the beginning of the year?!!! I am sooo excited!

We love your family! Have a great week!

Marcy M Miller said...

I can't believe he will fall asleep sitting in his high chair. Zak and I got a kick out of his pink bib.

Jennie said...

Hey Erica, my email is spicerjennie@yahoo.com and Amy's is skigreeny@hotmail.com

amber-girl said...

Erica...I would love to have a christmas pic of your family, I love it that you guys have done it every year! Our address:

Amber Meredith
330 E. 1st S. #5
Rexburg, ID 83440

Thanks so much!

Cami Jo said...

Don't they look so sweet when they sleep?

Lucky you guys. As hard as it has been getting two kids ready for church at 9:00am by myself, it really has worked well with meals and naps. We go to 11:00 in Jan. and I'm a little nervous. Any tips??? I guess I'm just concerned since Sacrament is last. i think they would be fine if they were able to play during naptime and lunch, but SACRAMENT? Oh help us!