Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Trip

Well, we've completely lucked out this year because Ty had a four day weekend for Thanksgiving (and he also had the four day weekend for Christmas too!) so we were able to spend it with family. Just another thing to be grateful for!

We went to Rigby to spend the holiday with Ty's parents and got there just in time for dinner on Thursday. We were able to spend time with most all his siblings, Chase, Nick & Hailey, Zak and Marcy and their girls. Cash had so much fun playing with his cousins. Ty's Aunt Cindy and her family also joined us for dinner - which was scrumptous! There's nothing better than turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy. That night the girls had a "girls night out". Orillia (Ty's mom), Marcy (Ty's sister) and I went to the theater to see Twilight - can you believe it - I actually got to sit through an entire movie - in the theater - without any interruptions because my angel of a husband watched the kids! It was a pretty good movie and got me excited to read the last book of the series.

Friday, we went bowling and just had a relaxing day with Ty's family. Saturday was a full day because we drove from Rigby to McCammon to my nephew's baptism. I can't believe my nieces and nephews are that grown up. It was a very nice baptism and we enjoyed being there to support him and see so many of my family members. After dinner at my sister's house, we headed back to Rigby but not before stopping in Pocatello to get a couple Christmas gifts for my mom and Ty. When we got back to Rigby we went to see Great Grandma Bazil and spend more time down at the barn with all the cows (which Cash loves!). We took our time Sunday morning before packing up, saying our goodbyes and coming back home. We always hate to leave. All night and all day today Cash keeps saying Gama (he thinks we're going to see Grandma again today). We always wish we could spend more time with all our family but I guess it makes us more grateful for the time we DO get to spend with them.


What a wonderful Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

Waht a wonderful trip you must have had. We are going to have to get your address sometime for when we drive through on our way home so we can stop by and say hello.
Did you guys travel through any fog, we had alot almost the entire way home.

Unknown said...

I too had planned a family trip for Thanksgiving, we enjoyed it lot.

Marcy M Miller said...

It was fun spending Thanksgiving with you. Hallee and Blyss had a blast seeing Cash. It was fun seeing how chubby Vanna is. Have a great day!

Mary Clark said...

What a fun trip. I'm sure you had a blast visiting with your family. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

Melonie Harris said...

Hey Erica check my blog comments and let me know if you want some headbands.

Cami Jo said...

Okay, here it goes...

Jepson's: 1020 Mckinley Ave #1

Carlson's: 672 Moreland

Whiting': 720 Ebony

Gibson's: 711 Ebony

Nash's: 738 Ebony

Fuhriman's: 645 W. Cedar

Let me know if there is any others you need. It's really not hard for me to get them, with a ward directory!

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!