Monday, May 11, 2009

Last Week (in a nutshell)

Last week was a rather busy one for me. Besides the regular laundry, ironing, cooking, cleaning, diaper changes, etc. - aka housewife "duties" - some of the following also occured:

1. Hail storm - Last Sunday we had the worst hail storm I have ever seen. Hail the size of large gumballs pelted the house and woke everyone up from their peaceful naps. Eventually the hail turned to a size I'm more used to, however, it persisted until we had piles of hail at every fencepost in our backyard and until all my newly planted flowers were destroyed. Apparently the local news showed a clip of a tornado tunnel in Payette that just didn't quite touch the ground - it really was quite the sight to see and experience.

2. Birthday - I turned 25 years old on Wednesday - ahhh. From this year forward I will no longer truthfully answer to a question about my age. Ha Ha Ha. Ty bought me some new brown sandles for the summer and the movie Twilight. We also ate at the Olive Garden to celebrate. He's so good to me! I also enjoyed a surprise visit from my friends, cards and phone calls I received that day - Thanks!

3. Cash's 1st trip to the Dentist (also on Wednesday) - He did so good! I could tell he was a little nervous but he quickly became comfortable because the place is so catered to children (it was actually a Pediadentist's office). He was quite the little charmer, in fact, and all the staff fell in love with the little guy. He was giving high fives on the way out and telling everyone about his new "gween" toothbrush he got to pick out. Unfortunately we have to go back in a couple months to get a small cavity filled. Should be fun - not.

I had Cash take his "wankee" in case he needed it for comfort but he blew past my expectations and just sat there so willing for the assistant to clean and floss his teeth.

Each chair there had a flatscreen above it with headphones to listen to whatever kids' movie they wanted. Cash didn't stay laying down long but he was surprised to see "The Bee Movie" playing and thought it was pretty cool.


4. Finished another Marcia Mcclure book. If anyone out there enjoys a good ol' fashioned romance I definitely recommend her books. I've read like 10 books of hers within the last month or so - and I usually can't find time to read!

5. Cash's room - For Mother's Day Ty gifted me his handsome self and his labor to put up a chair rail in Cash's room. We got it all done this weekend and are hoping to get both kids' rooms painted and finally finished this week. When it's all complete I'll post pictures.

6. Mother's Day - I had such a nice Mother's Day. The program at Church was great and Primary (although very busy) ran really smooth. Then we got the kids home, fed, and down for naps and Ty and I even got to enjoy a bit of a nap. We also had a nice walk and picnic (it was a beautiful day). It was just a relaxing and fulfulling day. I have to add in here that I also got to talk with my mom who is, really, the best mom out there. I admire her, look up to her, respect her, adore her, want to be like her. Love you Mom!

Throw a couple baby showers, feeding the missionaries, and a couple Enrichment activities in the week and...like I said...it was kind of busy. Wouldn't have it any other way though!

2 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

sounds like a great and busy week that you had. We have been having some really great Hail storms too. I wonder if they are the same ones?

Marcy M Miller said...

You have been busy- how funny, Blyss and Hallee went to the dentist this past week also, on the ceiling they had a flat screen tv, with the Bee movie playing too. Luckily Hallee and Blyss had no cavities. I'm glad things are going good for you guys.