Monday, April 27, 2009

A typical Sunday...

...usually includes the following (keep in mind church starts at 9am):

-me waking up before everyone else and getting myself completely ready (except I stay in my p.j.s until right before we head out the door because more than likely I'll be slobbered on ...or worse... by the time we're through) before waking anyone else up
-then I wake up everyone else and get breakfast (which Cash usually never eats because he's too grumpy from being woken up so we pack cereal, etc. for church snacks)
-following breakfast, the kids jump in the shower with Daddy and he gets them washed up
-then I take them one by one to get them dressed and prettied up...these are the results:

What a stud in his new little suit!


Head to toe...beautiful!


Usually we're all a little grumpy by the time we get to church (which, despite my best efforts, is always RIGHT when church is starting) because we've had a rushed morning and the kids are still tired. BUT...yesterday was different. I slept in an extra half hour yet we still got to church about 10 minutes early - AND the kids were happy. It was magic - I'm sure I can't pull it off again.

Of course the rest of church was still a bit of a struggle (that just comes natural with two little ones: one who can walk and just wants down to explore and who fights her morning nap for the whole 3 hrs.; and one who just loves to pester the other) but I learned a long time ago that although it can be rough sometimes, church is where we need to be on Sunday. I believe our kids will learn that and I hope, through our example, they will always have a desire to attend church, to partake of the Sacrament, to feel of the Spirit that can be there, to learn and grow, and to worship our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ - because it's the right thing to do.

3 comments:

Amy S said...

You are amazing! I admire anyone who can get to church on time and especially at 9am. As hard as it is to get there I always feel better when we get home knowing what we are doing is right. I love your kids in their church clothes, so cute. (I am glad to hear your also a huge Friends fan, we love it!)

Suzie-Q said...

I love being at church but it is the whole trying to get there that is upsetting to the family. Right now we have church at 1:00. our time will change at the begining of August, to 9:00, right after the new baby is born. That first couple of Sunday's is going to rough on us trying to get everything scheduled out just right so that we won't be late.

What a day of REST Sunday is don't you agree!

Cami Jo said...

SO...your post was much more positive and uplifting than mine! Good for you! And my church doesn't even start until 11:00! I agree though, hopefully, the kids will learn that no matter what's going on, and what time church starts, and whose schedule it interupts, we ALWAYS go! That's just how it is, and I think it's the only way for them to learn.

My kids usually shower with us too on Sundays to save time! Hey- with the breakfast thing, you should try what we do. ONLY on Sundays, my kids get "Marshmallow cereal". (Lucky Charms). THey know this is only a Sunday treat, and it's a nice change from Frosted Mini Wheats and Rasin Bran the rest of the week! The point is, they eat is SO good, and SO FAST since it's like a "Treat" to them! We do it on Sundays, so we don't have to fight them to eat before church! Just an idea!