Monday, August 17, 2009

Eternally Happy

My younger brother, Josh, got married this weekend so, of course, we made another trip down to southeastern Idaho. We arrived in Rigby Friday afternoon and stayed with Ty's parents that night. Then the kids stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Bazil while Ty and I went to Josh and Amanda's wedding at the Idaho Falls temple Saturday morning. The ceremony actually took place in the same room that Ty and I were sealed in so that was neat. It was beautiful and the sealer did such a great job. Afterwards, they took pictures and they lucked out because there was no wind - it was just perfect weather. The day before and later that day the wind really picked up so they hit it just right. Then we had a wedding luncheon at the Loft between I.F. and Rigby. It was very nice and so enjoyable without the kids (don't get me wrong - I think most mothers can relate) and it was so fun for all of us brothers and sisters to visit and reminice (sp?).

After the luncheon we headed back to Rigby to spend a little time there and then got the kids ready and headed back to Pocatello for the reception. The kids always hate to leave any of their Grandma and Grandpa's houses. They had a ball - Cash got to ride in the combine, the swather, and even got to help Grandpa change the irrigation water while they were there. Both the kids love all the animals there and especially the four-wheeler rides. We got to visit with lots of people we hadn't seen in a while which was great. We stayed Saturday night with my parents and headed home after Church and lunch with them.

I just remember our wedding day seemed so perfect - I wanted that for Josh and Amanda and I think it was just that. I was a wonderful day and we are so happy for them and proud of their decisions. We wish them luck and pray for their eternal happiness as the wonderful couple they are!

Here's some pix:

Josh and Amanda - August 15, 2009
What a beautiful and happy couple!


Ty and Erica - another happy couple!

The cutest couple of all! Vanna with Grandpa Tab.

Cash with Grandpa Max. He couldn't get enough of my Dad's automatic wheelchair.

Here he's dancing with excitement at being able to push the wand and make it go forward.

Josh and Amanda cutting the cake. Of course, they shoved it into eachother's faces with mischievious love.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Hey, I know Amanda! She is from my home ward. Very nice girl!

Cami Jo said...

How fun. What a nice trip. It's so nice when wedding days turn out to be beautiful weather! And no wind in Eastern Idaho? They must have the luck! Cute pictures.

Marcy M Miller said...

I'm glad that you guys had a great time and things went well with the wedding and reception. That is funny that Cash loved your dads wheelchair.

Suzie-Q said...

Hey! I know that Amanda! She is one of my sisters best friends! that is so cool! I knew she was getting married but had no idea that it was to your brother.
Looks like a great wedding! Glad that you were able to go.

Carlin said...

Josh got married?!!! That's so great! My old sunken gardens pal! Pass on my congraulations! Your family is beautiful Erica!