Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cash's First Sleepover/Vanna's First Campout

Cash has had cousins come stay the night with their families, and grandparents, etc. but he had his first friend, Nathan, come stay the night a couple nights ago while his parents went on a backpacking trip. The kids had a blast.

Reading books at bedtime.

Sharing breakfast together.

Some of our friends have had the worst luck on their last couple camping trips (being rained on, trucks breaking down...you name it) so we decided to be on the safe side and stay a little closer to home on our last camping trip...

...real close. We just camped in our backyard and had a great time actually. We had hotdogs and s'mores on the fire/grill and even watched a movie on our portable DVD player while we lounged in our sleeping bags in the tent before bed. I know, we're such cheaters, but it was something different to mix things up for us in the week and we had a great time spending the evening and night outside with one another.

4 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

I wouldn't mind camping like that!

Marcy M Miller said...

That is my kind of camping, so you can run inside if you have to go bathroom. You asked what kind of tree we had it ia a flowering verigated willow. I am due on March 21. It has been a not so fun pregnancy so far. I am sick all day long and throw up all day long, it has been worse than the other 2 pregnancies. I finally got a prescription that seems to work and not make me extremely tired.

Zoey said...

I love that kind of camping. Infact, for conference, we pitch the tent inside the house!

The Nelsons said...

That's the way we like to do it too. We aren't big risk-takers I guess! It's still just as fun, don't you think?