Monday, June 21, 2010

A New Addition To The Family...

...and it's a boy!



...and his name will be Hank! We put all the names we could live with in a bowl and let the kids pull out a name so they thought they actually named him. And Hank it is (Ty was obviously thinking of his beloved baseball players - Hank Aaron for one).





...wait for it...




...wait for it...


Please tell me my tricky title and intro caught SOMEONE off guard. I had to do it. Anyway, yes, we've finally decided to get our first family pet. We debated and debated over a puppy or a kitten and, well, now you know what we picked. Isn't he cute?! He's an all white fur ball and so much fun for the kids. I'm so glad we finally broke down and got them a pet.




Cash has loved Hank from the moment we got him. In fact the first few days we had him, you could almost always find Cash out in the garage, sitting in the kitten's little bed with him showering him with love and affection! Cash's face is the face of pure joy! Cash is always bringing in the kitten and proclaims his justification by saying, "but Mom, I like my Hank, he's my best friend" - to which I usually always give in.

At first, Vanna didn't know what to think about Hank and quite frankly I don't think Hank liked her at first because of all her darling squeals of excitement whenever she saw him. He's definitely warmed up to her though. And she has more than warmed up to Hank. All of the sudden I think she decided that she was Hank's little mother and totes him around everywhere. He's pretty good to accept the torment and isn't one to scratch at her or anything which I really appreciate. In fact, all in all, I'm very pleased with Hank. He's very good natured, super playful, and even litter trained himself!

Over the couple weeks that we've had Hank he's grown a bunch! You can see just how much in the difference between the first picture in this post and this last one. We still think he's pretty darn cute though.

This picture was taken to capture his limited time to himself. Between the two of the kids, this poor kitten hardly gets a non-cuddled moment but one thing is for certain - he is loved!

10 comments:

Stacie Smith said...

cute kitty!

julie said...

yep, I bought it. Totally thought you had a little Hank inside you. Careful though, when you do announce I won't believe you! :)

Carlin said...

Erica! Dang you:) I was thinking that was pretty brave to let your children pick the name of your child!

Shauna said...

You got me! Cute little kitty! We still haven't broke down and bought a pet yet...

Suzie-Q said...

Fun! Hope he is a good boy for ya!

Marcy M Miller said...

What a cute kitty! It will be the best toy ever!!!

Darci and Ryan said...

How fun! Ya got me for a sec with the title! Hope yours sticks around, ours suddenly disappeared........back to the farm as we say. Ky was so sad.

Melinda said...

I too was had. We might, if it's all right, be coming around to visit you within the next year. In less than a year we will be moving to the Boise area for 1 year for Cory to do his 3rd year of Audiology, so we'll most likely at the least pick your brains about neighborhoods and good rentals that allow pets (cuz we have a cat too, although he's gettin' old! He's 8). I've always loved all white cats, Hank is such a sweetie!

Dixie Bazil said...

Cute cat!! I wish we could have one but trevor is alergic and I hate to say but they are 100000 times easier than our to dogs. But needless to say, I do love our dogs. I always feel protected when I take our bulldog on a walk. He surrounds me whenever he senses danger. And when we are out in the desert, he sticks to the kids like glue following them wherever they go. So I know they are being protected from snakes and cougars. Sounds like it will be great for the kids to have something to take care of and he is cute!!!

Cami Jo said...

Good one! I was more relieved that you weren't naming your kid Hank. No offense to the name, but I like it better for the cat! I bet your kids are loving it! We have a horse next door, and a cat that comes over all the time and that fits me fine for now. They get to play and pretend they have pets, but I don't have to do any of the work! Haha! No---I think it's only a matter of time until we are in our own house and can get a puppy. That's all my kids want! Ps...I think you should make a trip up here. You would love the area!!! It's very country, but still only 15 minutes away from Park City, and the outlets, or 20 minutes from the Provo Mall. If you ever decide to take a trip, please come and stay with us! We miss you!!!!!! Plus- we have a few pull out couches and an extra bed, so we could have a party!!!! Tell Cash Happy Late Birthday from us! Your kids are getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOO big!!!!!