Sunday, July 4, 2010

Cookies & Brownies & Pies - Oh My!!!

We've been playing in the kitchen of late. And the kids have loved it.

Wrapped in eachother's arms of love (and Mommy's aprons).
They make such a mess of the flour and themselves, and well, of just everything. But we've had a good time making lots of treats.



Gotta' love their adorable messy hands!
We've made so many cookies already this summer I probably couldn't count them - and brownies and rice krispie treats too. Daddy has quite the sweet tooth and we like to cater to it because it's so fun to bake (and eat cookie dough I might add- yum!).
But the crown jewel of our treats has been the strawberry rhubarb pie. It has become Ty's new favorite pie. And I have to agree that it is absolutley delicious!!!


Now... is anybody hungry?!

5 comments:

Dixie Bazil said...

Send some our way!!

Cami Jo said...

hmm....I'll take some too! I've been baking more than usually lately too, since I pulled out my Kitchen AId, (now that it fits on my counter, I probably use it everyday!) I never used it before since it was always packed away in some closet. What was I thinking? I would love your pie recipe though! I'm re-doing my recipe book (that's my latest project) and I would love new recipes! Send it my way!

Oh..and thanks for the comment on my blog. I was really thinking of you when I wrote it. You were always SOOO clean! Like my hero or something. It was nice to hear your answers! I typed mine in on a comment too, if you want to compare. Hopefully, others will leave some too so we can see if we're semi-normal!

PBJKLI Ussery said...

Oh, the kids are growing so much! I LOVE seeing them together. I also appreciate you writing about the fun things you are doing and the funny things they say and do so that I don't feel like I'm missing you guys so much. Don't you want to pick up and move to Eugene. It's a great place! ;-) Anyway, it just looks like you guys are doing wonderfully. We sure miss you and cherish the friendship we'll always have. Someday, we really need to get the kids together. We'll have to plan something. Hope you are all doing well!

Love from Brooklynn & The Ussery Family

The Grows said...

Lexi loves to cook too. It always makes such a mess but they just have so much fun you have to keep doing it. I should get that rhubard pie recipe from you. I love rhubarb crisp but have never made a pie before. I bet is is delicious.

Zoey said...

I love the pictures that you took! Those are precious!