Thursday, November 25, 2010

Going Dark

So I thought I'd share my newest adventure and that is...

...going dark. The picture (which Cash took actually and I think he did a pretty good job) doesn't do it justice. I love the color. I've done it once before but it's been quite a while (since before Vanna was born) and I thought - what the heck. It's kind of fun to go darker in the winter and I needed a change. Ty is trying to get me to grow out my hair and it was currently in the icky "in-between" stage I can't stand, so I thought maybe a change of color might pacify me.

On a similar note (and yet not really), the time change has really thrown me for a look - now that it's going dark so early in the evening. I've gotten used to the idea that once it gets dark, it's time to slow down and relax a bit, put Vanna to bed, etc. But when it's going dark at 5:30, it's impossible to be lazy for 4 hours or so before climbing in bed. I'm having to re-train my mind/body into realizing that I still have lots of day time left, even if it is dark. Just another reason I love summer - such long, fun-filled days! Thank goodness there is at least the holidays to look forward to in the winter right?! The kids don't seem to mind, as long as those short days result in fun filled activity such as:
We got our first snow on Sunday and the kids enjoyed playing in it for a bit. Of course it was all gone by the next day so I'm glad they got the chance to have their fun. We're going back down to Southeast Idaho for Thanksgiving where I'm sure they'll find much more of that cold white stuff to play with. We can't wait to see family again. Wish us luck on the roads!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Oooooo I love your dark hair!!:) Very cute!! I also went dark like my natural and I LOVE it!!:) Kind of fun for a change!! Hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Zoey said...

I hope that roads were good for you. Your hair is fun. Happy Thanksgiving!

Trenton & Maren said...

I love your hair! But you always look beautiful, no matter the color. Your kids are adorable! I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

Jennie said...

Your hair looks great! the kids are so cute in the snow, I can't believe that you guys already had snow. Hope the roads were good and you had a good thanksgiving!

Cami Jo said...

Your hair is DARLING! I am also trying to grow mine out (for James) and I was just talking yesterday to my sister-in-law about adding Carmel-colored high-lights. Something I've NOT done! I've always just had dark hair! We'll see if I'm brave enough! I do hate growing it out though. It's such a pain in this in-between stage! I totally understand what you are talking about!

And...I'm with you on the dark nights. The other day, Carson came to dinner in his pajamas! He thought it was already bed time. However, it is easier to get my kids to bed at a decent time in the winter, compared to Summer!

Love the pictures of the cute kids in the snow! So fun!

Melonie Harris said...

love the hair!!! looks great!!

Dixie Bazil said...

I like your hair. I also went darker, did black. I like it and trevor likes it I didn't think I would notice much of a difference but I do. I am trying to grow out my hair a bit too. We'll have to see it when we get it all grown out!!!