Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Winter Wonderland

Well, we've been busy these past couple weeks - either visiting family or shoveling snow - whichever the case, the statement is true!

For Thanksgiving we headed down to Rigbyand ran into frightful weather. Cars were running off the road right behind us and right in front of us but thankfully (sometimes situations like that put in your mind all you're most grateful for) we made it to his family's safely. And we had such an enjoyable meal and holiday with them. The kids couldn't have been happier than to play with their cousins. And we had a great time visiting, watching movies, and playing games with everyone.
We went bowling with Ty's family. The kids mostly payed around the alley except for Vanna. She rather enjoyed barely tapping the ball enough to make it roll down the ramp and lane toward the pins.
Vanna with a cheesy smile wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!
That same weekend my dad and his wife got baptized so we again braved the roads to Lava in order to be there for support. What a special occasion that was. I'm so glad we could be there - the roads were all cleared off which made me feel much better about making the extra trip there.
Dad and Jannie in their white outfits - looking happy as can be.
All the grandkids checking out the font. They were so excited to be all together and to be seeing baptisms too.

The grandkids singing primary songs as they waited for Dad and Jannie to change. Vanna was so cute mimicking the pianist and moving her dainty little fingers along the piano keys as if she was the one playing.

All of us kids were there with our families. It was wonderful! It's an occasion we've all been waiting for for a long time.

However, the roads on the return home were worse than ever. We saw 20-25 run-offs and a couple very serious accidents among them. OOO it was just terrifying (coming from someone who had a somewhat traumatic experience in totaling a car on icy roads). Yet again, our prayers were answered and we returned to our house safely, finding all well. Huge sigh of relief!

What is this picture of you say? My neighbor's car - buried in all the snow!

Within the next couple days following our return home, it began to snow. It seemed to just keep going and going and going. We figure we got 10-12 inches. What a lot of work to shovel all that away. One day I had been out shoveling for about 2 hours (only getting about 1/4 of the driveway done in that time) when our thoughtful neighbors asked if they could plow out the rest with their fourwheeler (as they were out doing the same to their own driveway while I plugged along). I could have sung praises to them and was very grateful.

The snow has made for lots of fun play-time for the kids though.

Cash "chillin" with his snowman - Daddy was helping him with the project and Frosty turned out to be even taller than Daddy!

A couple trouble makers if you ask me!
They love it when I have to shovel. They get all dressed up and have a ball making snow angles, throwing snowballs, etc. I love the snow for the holidays (however after that it certainly has my permission to leave) and am enjoying the winter wonderland it is here!

6 comments:

Cami Jo said...

YIKES!! I absolutely despise driving in the snow! I'm so paranoid anyway! I'm glad you made it to and from safely. That's so neat about your dad and step-mom. I'm happy for them! Cute pictures! Your kids are so grown-up!!!

Suzie-Q said...

We were driving on those roads too! it was horrible! Rob and I keep telling each other we are not doing that again and letting our family know that we might not make it home next year, it isn't worth the risk.
Glad you made it there and back is safety.

Marcy M Miller said...

Holy Cow, I can't believe the snow you guys got. I am so glad you were safe in all of your traveling. It was great to see you guys.

Zoey said...

So much fun! I am glad that you made it safe. It was crazy on the roads this year. I do hope that we have a white Christmas though!!!

Britt said...

Erica, I love seeing your cute family! Looks like you guys are staying busy. I can't wait to add you to our favorite blogs, I am so behind, but love catching up. Give those cute kids a hug from us!

Dixie Bazil said...

WOW I can't believe how much snow you guys have. I wouldn't mind if you sent just a little of it down here we have none. It snowed a little bit one day but was gone as fast as it came. The kids have really been wanting to play in the snow but with none. Anyways looks like you guys are doing great. We are happy for your dad and stepmom!!!