Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wowee!!!

Ty's grandma Melba always uses that term and I adore it. I can easily use it in describing our Christmas this year - wowee - Christmas 2010 was so good to us. It was such a full Christmas season, truly including:

fantastic goodies (divinity being my all time favorite),
entertaining parties,
new traditions,...

Gingerbread House
(a new holiday tradition we full intend on continuing)


Our little acrobat.

Of course as much ended up in the kids' bellies as did on the actual gingerbread house.


Cash was pretty serious about the whole thing.


The end result!

...lovely memories,
good food,
thoughtful gifts,...


Santa's set up.

Cash's loot. The kids were truly spoiled by grandparents. Cash's favorite gift from us was a tie between his very own digital camera and his remote-controlled gorilla. It does roughly 80 tricks and even laughs when he's being tickled. Cash was pretty "tickled" himself when he saw that Christmas morning!
Vanna's loot. Our main gift to Vanna this year was her rocking horse. But believe it or not, out of all that is pictured above, I think her loads of bubble gum, found in her stocking, won the prize of "favorite gift". It was short lived though (and all chewed up, swallowed, what have you) by the end of the day so thankfully she had other gifts that will keep her longer entertained.
BTW: don't mind my hairdo, or should I say, the lack of. We were going sleigh riding and who wants to spend time doin gyour hair only to smash it with a hat.
It was decided I was only going to get one gift (which was spendy and plenty enough) - a new digital camera - and look at all that I ended up with. Ty surprised me with a dehydrator (I'm so excited to make fruit leather), movie, etc. Among other things, I also got a blanket from Ty's parents that is my new favorite to cuddle up with - ooo it is amazingly soft! And my mom made us a beautiful new levi quilt and these adorable aprons. I love them!!!



Although Ty didn't want his picture taken with his loot, I have to include him still and share that he got a much needed update in his wardrobe - for both everyday and work. He also received fun things like a fishing pole, head lamp, books, etc.

...sweet family...

...and heartfelt worship of our dear Savior's birth. You see - an entirely FULL Christmas! Hope yours was as beautiful - and Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

I cannot believe how long Vanna's hair is getting! We are doing well, and my last 13 weeks of pregnancy can't happen soon enough! I'm not miserable or anything, I just want to go back to being a stay at home mom! We were trying to come over your way last week to check out housing, but the weather got in the way. If you know of anyone in your ward or neighborhood that has rental property (house or town home & cat friendly) let us know!

Suzie-Q said...

What a lovely Christmas! Tell me how the fruit leather comes out.
Hope your new Year is wonderful!!

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a good Christmas!:) Your kids are getting so big and oh so cute!!:)

Darci and Ryan said...

Looks like you had tons of fun! Love the aprons! Don't they make cooking all the more fun?!

Cami Jo said...

You are still beautiful even when you don't do your hair!!! Looks like a great Christmas! And a dehydrator?! What a great idea. I'm totally going to remember that one! Hope you had a great New Year's as well!!!

Marcy M Miller said...

What fun things the kids got!!! Blyss wants a camera so bad- where did you find Cash's. Vanna is going to have so much fun with her dress up- sooo cute!