Saturday, June 25, 2011

Another Quote

I was asked to speak in Church again (sure seems like I get that privilege often :) and of course found oodles of wonderful material but came across this quote that really struck me and thought I'd share:

Elder Richard G. Scott

God uses your faith to mold your character. Character is the manifestation of what you are becoming. Strong moral character results from consistent correct choices in the trials and testing of life. Your faith can guide you to those correct choices. Clearly, it is what you do and what you think about that determine what you are and what you will become. Therefore, the choices you make need to be inspired by the Lord. Others can encourage you to make the right decisions, but those choices must not be prescribed by them. You need to ponder, pray, and exercise faith to willingly make choices consistent with the teachings of the Master. Such choices are made with trust in things that are believed and when acted upon will be confirmed. Only enough guidance is given to lead you aright and not to weaken your growing character. That guidance will solidify your trust in Heavenly Father and the Savior.

3 comments:

Cami Jo said...

Awesome quote! Thanks for sharing. Did you speak today? If so, I hope it went well. You just shouldn't be such an amazing public speaker and they probably wouldn't keep asking you!!!

Johnson's said...

Thanks for the uplifting quote. I love all the catch up pics. People always ask me to get a facebook, and I tell them i just don't have time. I can hardly keep up with the blog. So, I totally understand the catch up game.

Melinda said...

It's because you come up with some of the most wonderful things! I've read the talks you've posted previously and know for a fact that you ward probably sees your name on the program and knows they won't be falling asleep during talks that day! Now that we're in your neck of the woods we should get together! You can send me an email or message through face book and I'll send you my phone # unless you still have it from Pocatello; I haven't changed it.