Monday, June 6, 2011

Easter 2011

Talk about playing catch up - we're still at Easter around here!   We had a great Easter this year and were lucky enough to have a five-day weekend (without having to use up any paid vacation time) and figured we had to take advantage of the opportunity so we went down to Lava to spend Easter with my family.  And it just so happened that on the day we were coming down, Ty's Aunt Julie was getting married in Pocatello so we stopped there for that.  It was so happy to see sweet Julie so happy - she deserves the best!  Of course Ty's parents also attended the wedding and we were thrilled to be able to see them and spend a couple hours with them!

Lava has a pretty big Easter celebration at the park where the kids can have fun for hours so we went down a bit early to check out the festivities.  Then we got ready for the hunt...


...waiting for their age group to be called...


...and they're off!


Vanna tried so hard but as soon as she'd come upon an egg to pick up - sure enough another kid snatched it right up from under her...


...here Vanna is pouting because she only got one egg.  She was so disappointed!


Of course Cash had a basket that was overflowing with eggs so we asked him if he would share with his sister.  He consented and gave all the purple ones to Vanna :).


We had gone to the Easter Egg Hunt with my sister, Natalie, and her boys.  A picture of the bunch - already chowing on their goodies!

The next day was Easter and what a beautiful day it was!  The kids woke up to an Easter trail leading them to their treasures.  That Easter bunny sure is amazing - he doesn't miss anything - somehow he knew the kids were spending Easter with Grandma and Grandpa and delivered his goods to the kids there.  How does he do that?!




The kids each got a Color Wonders Paint set (love those things - no mess!), a new church outfit and the movie Tangled (which I think is darling btw).

We then went to Church where they had wonderful meetings.  Truly we have so much to be grateful for.  The sacrifice and love our Savior has displayed for us over and over again is amazing and what an incredible blessing the Ressurection is in our lives - all it signifies and means leaves me speechless.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity the resurrection provides in allowing me to be with my family forever! 


After church, Easter dinner and good naps, we were ready to dye eggs.  I think I overdid the kit this year and bought one that had sequines, beads, glitter, etc. for decorating - when the kids would have been completely content with the basic kit.  Lesson learned I guess.  Anyway - they had a great time.  It's fun to see them get creative with their eggs.  And I think Grandma had fun watching the kids - she had said, "We haven't done this in years" and I'm sure it was true. 



Over the weekend we were able to attend a cousin's birthday party (it was so good to see my brother and his family - we don't get to too often and what a good time!), see my dad and his wife, several other siblings (Tonya and Niki and their families - it was so fun to play with them; of course Natalie and her boys - my kids are always so entertained by those guys!; and my brother Josh too), and my  Grandma Marie and Aunt Annette.  A couple days before we came down my Grandma had a bad fall and cracked her pelvis.  So she wasn't feeling too well and my Mom was busy trying to take care of her.  I'm sure it was overwhelming for my Mom to have visitors through the whole ordeal so I'm grateful she was still so willing to have us.  BUT Grandma is doing much better now and we're happy to hear it!   The whole weekend was filled with the things and people that matter and we're so glad we were able to make the trip!!!

5 comments:

Marcy M Miller said...

What cute kids!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

ranceandtessa said...

Love your updates Erica. It is fun to share my photos and family stories and I love reading my friends too! By the way we ate in Payette at Burger King on our way back from our bear hunt and I really did think about calling you. I just didn't think that you would really appreciate my stinking dirtiness from the trip:)

Zoey said...

So much fun!

Shauna said...

I just blogged about Easter today too so we can be procrastinators together! Looks like you guys had a fun Easter :)

Cami Jo said...

So cute! I love all the pictures. Vanna looks so old, and I'm so jealous you can get her to keep that adorable hat on!! Your kids are so stinkin' cute!