Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rosie Posie

Our baby girl is four and a half months already! At her four month appointment she was 24 inches tall and weighed in at 12 lbs. 5 oz.


I was messing around the other day and put ponies all over in Rosie's hair for the first time. Doesn't she look funny? I was cracking up. I suppose it's just because I'm used to her hair down, but I think I like it down better for now :).
-Rosie has really started talking and blowing bubbles with her slobber
-still loves to chew on her hands and/or burp rags
-she is so smiley and often laughs (it's a one hard sigh type laugh or chuckle rather than a continuous laugh - we're still working on getting that out of her :)
-rubs her eyes when she starts getting tired
-while nursing, Rosie will pull away and look up to me to give me a big, beautiful smile - then get back down to business and start eating - another "stop to smell the roses" type of girl :), she also plays with her hair (even pulling it to what I'd consider a painfull point) to soothe herself and help put herself to sleep
-loves to get her diaper changed - I think Rosie just likes getting 'freshened up'
-has rolled from back to tummy (first baby to roll this way first, which is strange because she doesn't even like being on her tummy) and tummy to back but doesn't do it very often


-Rosie has seemed to want solid foods so badly so I started giving her rice cereal and she has loved it. I've never started my babies on cereral so soon but she would just watch my every move when I was eating and would seem to get so excited when she thought food was coming her way. A couple weeks ago, we had pizza for dinner and she would watch it go to and from me mouth and almost lurch towards it (I was holding her while I ate). Finally I decided it couldn't hurt if I just put it up to her mouth for her to kind of naw on it or get a little taste of it. I was surprised though by the way she just seemed to attack it - it was then I decided I'd start her on cereal. I was also surprised by how well she did with the cereal when I first gave it to her - she slicked down her little bowl full and has seemed to love it ever since. Now we're starting to introduce fruits and veggies with it too.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Oh my goodness she is so cute! Glad to see you guys are doing so well! If you ever come to Boise we should get together!