Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trip to Rigby (last week of April)

TRIP TO RIGBY (LAST WEEK OF APRIL)


We went to Ty's family's home in Rigby this past month (I'm really getting behind on blogging can you tell?) and had such a good time! It's always nice to get away and boy do our kids enjoy the farm. Cash is just right at home there - he absolutely loves helping Grandpa and Uncle Nick on the dairy. He wants to stay out there with them the whole time regardless of how cold it might be. Nick is just the coolest in their eyes and they love playing with him and his dogs - especially with Mac who is excellent at fetching/catching a ball.

I thought the strange and somewhat loud sounds at the barn might startle Rosie but she just seemed so interested in what was going on and never did get upset.




We often go bowling when we visit Ty's family and this trip was no exception. We always enjoy ourselves there. Usually my goal is simply to break 100 and I'm happy (I'm not a wonderful bowler :) but this time I got a score of of 146 - thanks I'm sure to the help of bumpers which I used on occasion :).


Rosie's first day at Grandma and Grandpa's was rough. As soon as we got there and handed her off to Grandma she started pouting (sticking out her bottom lip as far as possible - I still have to get a picture of this - so sad but so cute too:) and crying at every turn. I think she was overwhelmed with her fatigue, new faces and new surroundings. As soon as we got home, I laid her on the floor while we unloaded the van and she was so happy and content all the sudden. First night home, she slept for 7 1/2 hours, woke up once to eat and slept for another 3 hours - this is more of her normal but at Grandma and Grandpa's she didn't sleep too well. We had one night where she was up pretty much every 45 minutes - ahhh! I guess she's a little home-body, the sweet thing.

0 comments: