Thursday, September 13, 2012

Busy Bodies

ROSIE -
 
Our Rosie Posie is crawling all over the place now.  For a while she'd get into the crawling position and rock back and forth then she'd get onto her tip-toes and stick her bum in the air because she couldn't quite get the forward motion figured out but wanted to move so badly.  It was such a cute pose. 
 
Ty kept working with Rosie (I didn't really want to - I knew what more mobility would bring - more clean up and work for me :) and if he'd get behind her for her to push off of with her feet she could crawl forward.  The day she turned 8 months old, she started doing it for herself, even without Ty's support, slowly but surely.  And in a matter of days, while we were visiting my family in Lava, she completely figured it out. 
 
 
 
We tell the kids that the days when Rosie left your things alone are gone.  She's now into the books, the kids' toys, everything.  She seems much happier now that she can get to where she wants and now that she can follow me around like a little puppy. She just looks so darling - so tiny to be crawling.  We are seeing so much of her personality shine through now too.  What a super fun stage! 


 
ME & MY MOM -
 
I mentioned above that we went to visit my family - over Labor Day weekend - to celebrate my step-dad's retirement.  He is counting down the days until that blessed day arrives.  We had a great time visiting with my siblings and their families again.  And so many of my mom's siblings and their families came too that it seemed like one of our old Wheatley Family Reunions.  It was sooo good to see so many that I hadn't in quite a while and all just so much fun!  Of course my mom put a lot of work into it, along with my Aunt and Uncle Christensen, to make it a special occasion for Tab and we all had a great time!
 
While we were visiting, Grandpa took Ty and Cash fishing and Cash was so excited to show us "the biggest fish I ever caught!" Funny thing is though that Ty is the one that reeled it in - Cash simply picked it up off the shore.  Oh well - still exciting! :)
 
(family group pix to come)
 
We came back home from visit on Monday and later that week my mom came up to see us.  My sister and I had gotten her some Time Out For Women tickets for Mother's Day.  Have you ever been?  If not, I highly recommend going!  They are so very fun and wonderfully inspiring.  So this past weekend, me and my mom went to TOFW in Boise and had a fantastic and relaxing time there.  The next day she was able to attend chuch with us and see the kids participate in our Primary Program.  They did a great job and always try to sing their little hearts out!  Then the next few days were filled with canning.  My mom, being the angel she is, offered to help with the kids, etc. in order to get my canning done.  We did 5 boxes of peaches, 2 boxes of apples for applesauce, and salsa. 
 
 
We got a lot accomplished in two days - I would have been busy with all that for over a week with all the interruptions that occur in my normal day. I appreciated her help so very much. It was just so nice to basically have 5 days with my mom - almost all to myself - to visit and work together!  I keep telling her though, "You don't have to work when you come up to see us!"  She always responds, "I'd rather be busy."  And that's the truth - my mom has ALWAYS been a busy body.  Maybe that's where I get it from - and my kids too! :)


4 comments:

Zoey said...

Too much fun! And Rosie just looks so happy and adorable! You have very, very cute children!!!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, Erica, Rosie is just a doll! Such a cute family. Glad you all are doing well!

Marcy M Miller said...

Rosie is growing so much- I'm so excited to see her!!!! I'm glad Cash and Vanna or liking school. What cute kids!

Jennie said...

Your kids are growing up! They are all so adorable. Rosie is just precious!