Thursday, September 13, 2012

KINDERGARTEN & PRE-SCHOOL

KINDERGARTEN
 
Cash started Kindergarten on August 22nd at the Payette Primary School.  He had an open house the day before where he got to tour the school, check out his classroom and meet his teacher, Mrs. Warzyn.  There are four Kindergarten teachers and I've heard great things about Mrs. Warzyn so we're thrilled he got her.  Cash goes to school every day for half a day.  We leave our house the same time Ty leaves for work in the morning to drop off Cash at 8:15.  Then we go pick him up at 11:15.
 
 

We had to practice our new morning routine for a week or so before school started because we're used to sleeping in a bit longer and taking our time to get ready. But the kids have adjusted well. We've figured out some tricks to helping the morning run smoothly.  For example, when we tried to eat breakfast just after waking Cash up, he'd barely touch his food because he was still half asleep I think. Now we have to get Cash in the shower first thing - to help wake him up and afterwards he'll scarf down a good breakfast.
 

The first couple of days of school were a bit of an adjustment for Cash.  He did very well, but he got his feelings easily hurt, etc.  I think it all boiled down to the fact that he was probably a bit scared with the new experience of going to school and those feelings led to others.  For example, on the first day of school, he was so sad that he didn't get a "special cool bracelet" like some of the other kids in his class - that it turned out only helped the teacher identify which kids stayed for afternoon classes too and which ones went home.  Anyway, after just a couple days, I think Cash became familiar with the routine of school and is loving it and doing really well.
 
PRE-SCHOOL
 
Vanna started Pre-School a couple weeks after Cash started which broke us in to things easily. She was so impatient to start though - she wants to be grown up like Cash and go to school. She has completed her first week of Pre-School now and LOVES it! She goes to Wiggles & Giggles Pre-School  on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 - 11:30. It is so convenient that I can just drop her off the same time as I do Cash and pick her up when I pick up Cash too.  Her school is just around the corner from the Primary School and both are only a couple minutes from our home which is so nice - I love not having to run all over at different times of the day, etc.
 

This is a big built in clubhouse within the Pre-School.  Wiggles & Giggles has lots of space and lots of fun toys that Vanna is loving - especially the dolls and doll house!


Vanna's favorite color is purple (which is one of mine too) and so this is the outfit she picked out for her first day.  Love that cheesy grin!

 
So if you've figured it out - I get three hours, three days a week to be with just Rosie and it is wonderful!  Does that sound terrible?  When the kids went off to school, it truly was bitter sweet.  It's crazy to believe, and kind of sad to think that time has flown by so fast - that we're already to this stage in our lives with them.  But at the same time, I was very excited for them to be growing and learning and for me to get a little one-on-one time with Rosie.  And maybe even have time to get some things done while she takes her morning nap (like typing up my recipes - that project has taken me like a year and I'm still not done - ahhh!).
 
So we had an exciting couple weeks.  Now that we're adjusted to our new routines and schedules, I hope we can kind of lay back and enjoy the school year!

3 comments:

Zoey said...

Awesome Erica! I love having just a minute of peace with my kindergartener (every other day in Pocatello) and sometimes with no kids. It's great!

Amy S said...

So fun! I'm glad to hear both Cash and Vanna are enjoying their first school experience. I know what you mean about bitter sweet. I love when Kallon and Kate are both at school but at the same time I miss them. I do love my alone time with Karly though.

Darci and Ryan said...

They're getting so big! How fun. It is hard to have your kids grow up, but so fun to watch them too. Looks like you're doing well.