Monday, October 6, 2008

Inspiration

What a great weekend! I truly enjoyed General Conference. I really felt inspired (as always) after listening to conference. Of course it made me look inward to see what it is I need to improve on and what things I can change about my life to make myself a better, happier person and to make myself more worthy to live with my family, Savior, and Father in Heaven in eternal happiness.

I loved President Monson's talk yesterday in which he mentioned how important it was to fulfill today rather than rack up your tomorrows only to find, when looking back, that your yesterdays were empty. I'm such a planner and list maker that while I believe these attributes save me in so many ways - I sometimes miss what's really happening today. So I guess I'm officially announcing that one of my new goals is to enjoy the moment more fully and improve myself today - each day with regard to the things I know I need to be doing more of to be the best person I can be, the best companion I can be and the best mother I can be.

In addition to listening to great messages, Cash and I had a little fun while Vanna and Daddy slept through some of conference (go easy on Ty - he didn't get any sleep the night before - I guess that's what comes with being a pharmacist).
We painted our toenails...the story is that I was painting mine and Cash was upset he couldn't get his done so I thought - why not? Ty was too thrilled about it when he saw what I had done (he's just lucky we didn't do his while he was sleeping) and to be honest it wasn't my favorite thing on Cash either so...within a few hours the nail polish came off his toenails - to which Cash responded by saying "Hey!"


We also made some brownies. We have to be careful with Cash because he's like me, he'd eat all the batter before any were cooked if he we'd let him. We had a good time and the brownies were yummy. Now that was something Ty was thrilled about.

You might be wondering what's with Cash's hair...Ty thought it would be funny to slick it back and well...it's not our favorite but the kid makes anything look adorable (in my opinion).

9 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

Cute!! I don't really know if I approve of boys getting their nails painted but as long as it didn't stay on for very long I'll let it go just this once.
Glad that you were having fun! enjoy all that time with him while you can!!

Cami Jo said...

I loved that talk too! I thought he was talking directly to me! A new quote I heard recently that I love is, "Don't worry so much on the "getting done" that you don't enjoy the "Doing" part. I thought it went well with his talk. It's so nice to be uplifted by the Prophet, don't you agree?! Anyway- Monday will be just fine. Let me know for sure what time, and we'll be here. The kids will love it, I'm sure! I can't wait to see how big Vanna is!!! Just let us know. If it's too cold, we can always just play in our house, or go to the Mall playground or something, and chat. Let me know.

Marcy M Miller said...

How fun! We really enjoyed conference to, some great messages. I love Cash's hair- it is awesome!

Mary Clark said...

Brownies and painted toes, sounds like super fun. Cash looks cute with his hair greased back and his toes painted. Bailee sometimes paints bradens fingernails and then I forget about it until I notice him in church sporting hot pink polish. Have fun in Pocatello visiting family

Shauna said...

I love the toes and hair!

The Nelsons said...

Isie didn't even recognize Cash with the slicked back do! He looks pretty cute! We should be around on the 13th and I think it sounds way fun to see you guys! Let's plan on it!
That was a great talk, wasn't it. It really made me think too.

IRISH BERNT'S said...

the hair and the toes-i bet ty wanted to just die. so adorable. conference is always such a refreshing thing to listen too. it gets me motivated to be a better person also.

Amy S said...

Hey Erica, sounds like you guys had a very fun Sunday! I was wondering if I could get your address. Kallon has a little something for Cash. It you would like you can email to me at skigreeny@hotmail.com Thanks Erica

Camille said...

That is a cute little guy you've got there! You know, I am always sad I don't have a little girl when I paint my toenails. Maybe I don't need one after all? ;-) Cute, cute.