Monday, November 17, 2008

Cash - Updated

Again, I thought I'd put together an update for Cash's book (because I print off my posts each month and save them in the kids' books - I guess you could call it my journal writing because I'm terrible at keeping a journal):

Cash will officially be two and a half in a couple weeks. He is such a tease, so animated and athletic and naturally, for a two year old, he has more energy than two of me combined. He never wants to stop playing and plays hard right up until it's time for his nap or for bed. He is a very good boy and attracts all kinds of attention - from elderly ladies in the store who think he's a charmer - to little girls that follow him around - to all the young boys and young men in our ward that beg to play with the little guy. He craves attention and loves to entertain.

Here we found a cute little pizza joint in Payette that had all kinds of arcade games and rides, etc. for kids to play on while they ate. So some friends of ours went with us and it was so nice to be able to actually carry on an adult conversation while the kids were entertained and close by.

Cash is all boy for sure. As I mentioned above, he is very athletic. He loves to throw balls (which he picked up on entirely on his own at a very young age - we always carefully threw him the ball underhand and he suddenly surprised us by launching the ball overhand), chase and be chased (he pats his bum and says "get it" when he wants us to chase him - don't ask me why), wrestle and rough house with anyone who will let him (he is magically good at the head lock and has managed to make 4 year olds cry when they decide to wrestle him) and he always says "watch this" as he tries new acrobats when jumping off the couch or chair or bed (like landing and doing a summersault and coming to his feet to twirl - all in one movement - it's crazy). Cash is also always messing around Ty's weight bench and weights while Ty works out and although Ty promises to be keeping a close eye, I just know that one day he's going to break an arm or something and I'll freak.

These pictures are classics. Cash insisted on wearing his Sunday shoes and belt over his pajamas to go play and work out in the garage with his dad. Cash is really picking up on what his dad does - Cash tries to do his own pull ups and when he "lifts" weights he exhales the way Ty does when he's lifting a lot of weight. It's hilarious to see all the things Cash imitates.

Cash also loves to take baths, chew gum, ride his bike (he even pedals all by himself for short distances) draw, color, play with play-doh, read books and watch his cartoons. He used to always say "mo-mo" which, translated, meant he wanted to watch a movie. However, he has just recently switched from the two syllables to, "I wanna watch a movie." perfectly. His other famous sentence is, "Let go of me." when we make him hold our hand through the parking lot. His words are really coming along. He says, "oh no, a mess" when Vanna spits up; he says, "Thank you much" instead of just thank you - it's hilarious; and he will even say, "shhhh, it's okay Vanna" - it's darling. Although, at the moment he has a lisp with his "s"s. We'll have to keep our eye on that one. His favorite foods are pizza, mac & cheese, steak - and any meat for that matter (he's our little carnivor), green salad, any pasta and he'll even eat his vegetables if you smother them with ranch or ketchup (which probably defeats their purpose I know).

More classic photos...he likes to tease me when he takes Vanna's bows off her head and puts them on himself and runs from me when I try to get them out of his sticky little fingers.

What a stud!!! Whenever we get in the car, Cash requests the sunglasses because he says the sun hurts his eyes.

Cash hates going to bed without me first laying by him for a few minutes after we've had family prayer (and his dad is no substitute, for some reason it has to be mommy). He hates getting his teeth brushed (he usually doesn't do a good enough job on his own so I have to finish it up for him and he fights me like crazy), and he hates being put in the corner for time out, of course (he always says "yep" to whatever it is I'm explaining to him he shouldn't have done to deserve time-out and then says sorry to try to get out of his punishment but he knows he has to stay in the corner - and he's good not to wander away from it - until he hears the timer go off or until I say he can come out).

Cash has completely spoiled us with how easy he is to care for. He has always naturally created a schedule that works for him that we try not to deter from. He wakes up about 8:30am and takes about a two or three hour long nap in the afternoon, just following lunch, so from about 1-4 and then goes to bed when we do - about 10:00pm. So, if you read Vanna's update, yes, I have about two hours each day (usually) when both kids are asleep which is magical.

I'm sure there's much I'm missing but I'll have to jot it down on my next update. All in all, we couldn't ask for a better kid. Cash is a complete joy and we love him to death.

6 comments:

amber-girl said...

I cannot believe how Cash has changed! It is so funny to hear your little stories about him! It makes me miss our days when you would come visiting teaching and we would sit for sometimes over an hour just talking about kids and our lives!!! I don't think I will ever have a better visiting teacher than you were! Now, if only I could be more like you in that aspect!!!

Anna used to hate getting her teeth brushed too, when she was Cash's age. It was a nightmare! I tried everything! I couldn't even get her distracted by anything else to get the job done! Then, we got her an electric toothbrush, and tada! Anna enjoys brushing and even lets me help! Cash will get better, just hang in there!

What a great idea to put your blog pages in your kids books! I am going to have to do that too!

Cami Jo said...

What cute posts. I'm glad you did that. It feels like I still know Cash so well! I wish we could know Vanna better, but I guess that's what the "blog" is for, eh?

I love what he says when he wants you to chase him! Classic.

I also love what you've done with Vanna's room. It looks awesome. I bet your house is all adorable though. You have a talent for decorating, I think. You'll have to give me some hints when I eventually get a house!

IRISH BERNT'S said...

CASH IS GETTING HUGE!! HE LOOKS LIKE SUCH A LITTLE MAN. THOSE PIX IN HIS PJ'S AND BELT WITH SHOES, THAT IS CLASSIC. HE IS ADORABLE. GIVE HIM A KISS FOR US!

Suzie-Q said...

Somehow this reminds me of my own children. How do they get all that energy? If anyone can figure it out please let me inon the secret!!
I love that little boys want o be like their daddy's so much it so cute to watch them try so hard.

The Nelsons said...

What a good idea! I think I should start printing off posts too. I'm horrible with a journal. You are so smart. Cash is such a cutie. I especially love the picture of him in the sun glasses! I can't believe he is almost two and a half. He's growing! We miss you guys.

Melonie Harris said...

Holy Cow I can't believe how big Cash is getting... Vanna is really cute!!! These blogs are so fun! We miss you guys!! Oh your house looks really nice... it looks like your doing well!! CONGRATS!