Sunday, June 21, 2009

FINALLY!

Finally, we have the kids' rooms done. Here are the results...

VANNA'S ROOM. We had painters come in to do the stripes. Ty didn't really want to mess with the painting and I didn't want to tackle the project by myself so we just hired out. We got such a good quote that by the time we bought all the supplies (canvas cloths to protect the carpet, etc.), it would have pretty much been a wash - and by hiring, it was all done in one day! Some of my best friends in the whole wide world - like my second family - gave us the bedding, lamp, basket, decorative pillows, etc. shortly after Vanna was born.


These are my mom's little shoes she was as a toddler!

So I repainted Vanna's dresser and shelf, then applied the vinyl - to match the bedding. We put the vinyl up above her closet. My mom helped me make Vanna's curtains (thanks!). I had Vanna's little chair re-upholstered - this was actually my chair when I was little that my mom has saved - and this is her favorite part of her room, even above her toys - she LOVES that thing.


CASH'S ROOM. For Mother's Day Ty put up the chair rail in Cash's room for me. Then we had our painters come paint the rail and do the Wayne's coat. I was torn between painting his room with a kahki green (that's in his bedding just a little) or to go with the brown we did. I think we'll be able to do a lot more with the brown though, should we ever change things up in that room before we end up selling, so that's what we went with. It was hard to find cute bedding for a young boy in a queen size (which we wanted for when company came) so when we found the campground theme I jumped on it.
Ty loves to fish and it went right along with the theme so we had a little pole made and hung his picture from it - and because Cash is "quite a catch" we had to announce it on his wall (that's what the vinyl says under his picture that you can see in the above photo -& the spot on the wall is just from my camera's flash I guess :)). I just repainted an old shelf we've had forever to match his room as well as a couple other things to hang on the walls. We put a little, old table in Cash's room (again that I had when I grew up that my mom saved for me - good memories) and that's where he creates his artwork, etc. that we hang on his large clothes pin.



We're working on other parts of the house a little bit too and I've been having a blast. I'll have to post some of that another time. It might seem like we've done all this at once but I have to remind you we've just done a little bit each month - it's just now FINALLY coming together. My next project is our room - which we've basically done absolutely nothing with yet. I have to wait until I find the right bedding and then go from there. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

Marcy M Miller said...

How fun!! The rooms look cute. Cute decorating.

Zoey said...

So cute! I don't blame you for hiring out on stripes. . . who would want to punish themselves like that???

IRISH BERNT'S said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY (EVEN IF YOU HIRED OUT THE PAINTING)IT ALL TAKES TIME, AND EVEN MORE TIME WITH KIDS. IT IS ALL SO CUTE. HOPE ALL IS WELL! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TY! WE LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!
THE BERNT'S

Suzie-Q said...

Looks Cute!!

amber-girl said...

LOVE love love LOVE LOVE it ALL!!!! Oh, what I'd give to have a house to paint and decorate!!! You're keeping my dreams alive!! SO.DANG.CUTE.!!!!

Trenton & Maren said...

What a great job on the rooms! Wish my kids' rooms were all painted and done. All in good time, right? I can't believe how big Vanna is getting. What a cute little gal.

Darci and Ryan said...

Their rooms look great. Nice work! Isn't decorating so fun?!

Camille said...

Looks great! I love stripes on the wall, but couldn't ever figure out how to get them straight. I might have to take your advice- it sounds a lot easier!

How's the hunt for the headboard/bed going? Any luck at RCWilley?