Friday, July 3, 2009

Fiddledee

Does is seem like the weeks are flying by to anyone else this summer? I feel like I can hardly keep up - and it's only going to get busier in July and August (with three trips planned to see family, etc.).

I'm a little behind I guess but had to mention what we did last weekend while Ty was away for a Scout campout. It was Fiddle Festival week at Weiser so I took the kids to the activites last Friday for Kids Day At The Park. There were tons of booths with amazing varieties of treasures (a couple of which I just couldn't resist) that were fun to browse. Smokey the Bear was also there to whom Cash loved hugging. We took a ride in the fire truck, tried on firemen's clothes (just the weight of the hat alone almost knocked Cash down), played the drums with Indians, listened to some fiddlers, watched the mechanical bull buck off young boys, etc. It was very fun and wore the kids right out. But....I forgot my camera - dang it. So here's some pictures of other fun we've had over the past week or so, along with a couple random pix.


Kids playing in their new pool with some friends we had over.

It's been very warm here lately so fun in the pool and popsicles was our cure.

Vanna lounging in her favorite chair - in one of my favorite summer outfits.

Cash is lounging on the couch with his "wankees" while he watches part of a movie so that Mommy could scrapbook this past week .

My friend let me borrow her Cricut - which was awesome and so kind - so I thought I'd better take advantage of it while I could

and get caught up on the kids' books.

3 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

Sounds like you have been having lots of fun, no wonder the time is passing so quickly for you.
the whole year has gone pretty fast for us except now it has really started to slow down, I think because we are all so anxious for the new baby to come. And all of the sudden it seems super hot!
I am running out of project to do and need some more to waste my time with. I guess I had better start looking around.

Marcy M Miller said...

I love Vanna's swimsuit, it is darling. The fiddle fest sounded like fun- I always wanted to go, I love hearing the fiddle. All the activities sounded like fun.

ranceandtessa said...

Looks like you are having lots of summer fun! I really need to get Jaylee a little swimsuit. Vanna's is so darling.