Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Orchard Tour

I love living in this area - it's variety in fresh fruits and vegetables being pretty close to the top of my list of reasons. There is tons of farm ground that produce onions, peppers, corn...about anything you can think of. There are also tons of orchards and vineyards that produce tons of grapes, pears, peaches, apples, plums...again, about anything you can think of. Today I took the kids to a large local orchard for a tour.
Cash trying to share an apple with the orchard owner's dog.
Kids chowing down on their plums.
Vanna running away from the little dog (plum in hand- she loved that
thing and ate it right up). She gets so excited to see cats, dogs, etc. but when they get
too close to her - she gets a little scared and cries for mommy.
We had a great time learning about the variety of fruit their trees produce, we each got to pick our own plum to enjoy, and of course, I couldn't leave without purchasing a few peaches for eating and pie making - YUM!!!

3 comments:

Amy S said...

Looks like so much fun. I do miss the fresh fruit and veggies here in San Antonio. Your kids get cuter every time I look at your pictures:)

Marcy M Miller said...

How fun. That is nice to have orchards so close, so that you will be able to can all that yummy stuff. Vanna is so stinky cute- I love her hair.

Zoey said...

Your pictures are so much fun! I love to see what you are up to!