Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Needs and Wants

So most of you have heard about "Time Out For Women" put together by Deseret Book right? Well, I had the blessing of a good friend call me to extend the invitation that I join her to the Boise event. Normally I would probably not even hesitate to make the decision on whether or not to go but let me explain why I did, in fact hesitate...

...Ty and I had just made a couple of somewhat large purchases over the past month or so (post of them to come soon :)) and since then, we have been trying to carefully discern between our needs and wants so that we have enough saved up for Christmas and to simply be smarter with our spending. This will forever be an ongoing process, I know, but in my efforts to be "smarter" I was asking myself, "Do I really 'need' to go this time (I have been to several before and LOVED them)?" When I presented the question to Ty, of course, his response was, "I don't care." He's so good to me. So I went :) And as it turns out - as it so often does with these sort of things - it was the "smarter" decision because I so "needed" that spiritual boost. I'm always in need of that spiritual boost rather I think I am or not.

It was wonderful to hear Hiliary Weeks and Cherie Call perform and to listen to speakers like Emily Watts, S. Micheal Wilcox, and Emily Freeman. I definitely went home with my cup filled to overflowing. Thanks Brooklynn for the invite. And to anyone who hasn't been to a Time Out For Women - I could recommend it enough - you'll love it!

And if that wasn't enough - that Ty let me go without any fuss - he watched the kids all of Friday night and most all day Saturday while I was gone! He took the kids to an airshow in Ontario where apparently the kids were very facsinated. It was so fun to listen to Cash try to show me with his hands and explain how the planes would fly across the sky while spinning, how they would fly straight up and fall down while swirling, and how fast the jets flew by. It was darling!

Ty's comment afterward was, "Yeah, I had a good time with the kids - I wish I could always stay home with them and have the kind of fun you have with them all day, every day." Haha, if he only knew what it was like right ladies? No really, I'm so grateful for a husband that is so good to me - in every way, for a man that enjoys spending time with his kids. He is always who I NEED and who I WANT. I'm grateful for the sweet kids I have who really are a load of fun to be with! They are always who I NEED and who I WANT.

6 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

Sounds like you had a great 'Time out"
that is great that Ty loves the family so much and will be willing to do anything for you.

Zoey said...

Thanks for sharing. I have always wanted to go, but the weekend never works out with my schedule. One day though, I will have to do it.

amber-girl said...

I would LOVE to go to a "Time Out" eventually! As mothers, don't we always need that spiritual boost?? And there is always something so fulfilling in the music, too. I am glad you decided to go! But I admire you guys for still being "smart" with your spending...it will be a habit that will surely bless your lives more than needless spending will!

I am sure you already know, but happiness surely does not come from things!

Like you said...all we should ever really need and want is family!

Thanks so much for sharing! You are a gem! Really!

Cami Jo said...

I have never even heard of time-out for women. Man....what have I been missing?!! Your family is so cute, and I'm glad you have such a wonderful husband! It is always hard to know what we need and what we want. Thanks for putting it in perspective again for me!

Jennie said...

I can't believe how big you kids are getting they are so cute! Time Out sounds so awesome, I just haven't been able to make it to one once, I will have to move it higher up on my priority list. glad to hear that you had a good time!

Shauna said...

One week and Ty would want to go back to work! LOL :)! It really is a blessing to stay home with the kids, totally agree. Awesome post!