Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Boy At Heart

Ty had his 32nd birthday this week. But he's still such a boy at heart. To prove it:

-we went to a movie for his birthday and he chose Legend of the Guardians (this is an animated movie that really, he thought the kids would sit through best, but I kept telling him this was his birthday and his choice - this is what he stuck with)

-with a gift card he got for his birthday, he bought a remote control helicopter (after getting home and playing with it for a bit he said, and I quote, "This is like the very coolest toy I've ever had!")

It was all just too cute.


AND I actually threw Ty a surprise birthday party this year. Obviously it's not the big #30 or #40 or anything. It was just something I wanted to do and it worked out perfectly. Ty's birthday was on Monday (which is when we did all our fun family play - movie, dinner, presents) and then he went to work on Tuesday. I had it all planned for some of his friends to come over that night to watch the BSU game, for food and for just plain fun. He was taken completely off guard when he got home from work. I was so proud of myself for being able to keep the secret so well. And we had such a good time. I'm tempted to do it every year. But then it wouldn't be so surprising then would it?

Happy Birthday Ty!!!

4 comments:

Amy S said...

How fun! Cory is the same way with his new toys too. haha I think all men are kids at heart.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Ty. This is your friend Sonny from good old Rigby, ID. I found your blog a few weeks ago, you have a beautiful family. I can't believe your still as buff as ever. I am currently living up in Fort Lewis, WA - an Army base outside of Seattle, WA. Most of my family is now living in Boise, it sounds like you are living pretty close to there. Send me an email sometime if you have time, it would be good to hear from you - sporter@llu.edu

Marcy M Miller said...

Happy Birthday Ty!!!! Man your getting old!

Cami Jo said...

How fun! What a good little wife you are. Boys...men...what's the difference really? (Besides height and facial hair???)

Happy Birthday TY! You are old.