Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our 4th of July

We had such a great weekend!!! My mom and step-dad came up to see the kids, the house and spend the holiday with us. It was so nice to see them. Of course I had been looking forward to it for weeks. We spent our time visiting when my mom and Tab got here Thursday evening.


Friday was a fun filled day: 8:00 - yummy breakfast; 10:00 - Weiser parade (which was the smallest parade I've ever seen - and I'm from Lava) where Cash got to give Uncle Sam a five; 11:00 - free bbq at the Weiser Veteran's Park; 12:00 - jet flyover at the Weiser Veteran's Park. This was so neat. The jets flew right above us at only 500 feet - you could feel them fly by. Cash was amazed and made jet sounds the whole way home while waving his hand in the air.






We had our own fun, naps and bbq at home then headed back to Weiser where we watched a pretty good display of fireworks at the golf course.

Ty had to go back to work on Saturday so we loaded the kids up in the car and we all took a drive around Ontario, Fruitland, Payette and finally Weiser where we went to see Ty and show my parents around BI-MART. My stepdad is a big fisherman (so he and Ty get along magnificently)so after our tour of the towns we drove to Brownlee reservoir. It's really nice - I'm sure those two will be making themselves a trip there before too long. That night we played games and did our own fireworks that Grandpa bought Cash.

Today we all went to church where my parents met several of our new ward members and friends. And then it was dinner and goodbye. It's always so hard to say goodbye to them - I hate being so far away.


It was a weekend full of family, fun, food, and fireworks. It couldn't have been better. I'm so grateful for this amazing country and for my mom and step-dad and for their love and support. Love you guys!

4 comments:

IRISH BERNT'S said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD SO MUCH FUN! YOUR YARD AND HOME ARE LOOKING MARVELOUS. AND, THE KIDS~ ADORABLE! HOPE ALL IS FINDING YOU WELL! WE MISS YOU~

Suzie-Q said...

I just love the fourth of July I am so jealous that you got to be with Family!! It was really hard for me to not be with mine this year, not just because we have so much fun but because of what it mean to me. It is also hard to think that my Dad is now the oldest vetern we have in our family now. isn't that wierd, most poeple around my age don't have Dad's that are vets.

Marcy M Miller said...

Glad you guys had a great 4th of July and that your parents were able to come and see you. Thats great that your yard looks so good, and a good place for Cash to play.

Mary Clark said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful 4th of July. It is always fun when family comes to visit. I wish we had a parade to go to. Twin Falls doesn't have one, but they do on St. Patricks Day. Crazy I know. The yard is looking good, and congratulations on your recent purchase the lawnmower. Its fun to buy things for our houses.