Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We've Been Sick!

Yes, it's true. Usually we are pretty lucky to be a healthy little bunch and I thought maybe we'd skid through the winter without sickness. But regardless of all my efforts to keep a clean house, wash hands, etc. to protect my kids from picking up any illnesses - it happened. Isn't that always the way?!

For about a week and a half we've all taken our turns: first Cash threw up in his bed during the night however, he was fine after that; then a couple days later, Ty got the stomach flu and was "down and out" for a couple days; then Vanna got a cold; next I got a migraine that made me sick so I was uncapable of doing all the regular motherly duties around the house (luckily Ty had work off that day and helped out huge); then another cold came around for poor Vanna that keeps persisting - she currently has a nasty nose, cough and fever; also, a couple days ago Cash came down with the stomach flu/diahrea which thankfully he's over now but now has a cough and cold similar to Vanna's. Yikes! I'll tell you what - I'm tired of cloroxing everything, wiping noses, changing diapers/blowouts, laundry, etc.

But...if you minus all the above out - we're doing really good!!! We're busy and happy. What more could you ask for, right?

Monday, we went to the Dr. for Vanna's 9 mo. check-up. Yep. My baby is already 9 months old! She's doing really well. Although, she hasn't had much of an appetite because of her colds so her weight isn't where I'd like it to be. When she was 6 mo. she weighed 15 lbs. 2 oz. and now she only weighs 15 lbs. 10 oz. So that tells me she's lost weight from being sick. We can't wait to see our little girl back to her usual self. She's getting more active all the time(which I know also contributes to her thinning out and her weight): she scoots herself backwards and get herself to the sitting position again after being in the crawling position and scooting. We're working on her moving forward and her awkward, a bit uncoordinated movements are adorable. Once I figure out how to post a video I'll have to do it for all to see.

I didn't figure you'd want to see picture that fit any of the above descriptions so I decided to just throw in a couple of my favorites!



Whenever we get into the car, Cash always requests a pair of sunglasses. He touches his eyes like the sun is hurting them and says, "Gas, my eyes". Translation: Glasses for my eyes. He loves our glasses so much I don't think he'd accept a kid pair of his own. Hey-there's an excuse for me to get some new sunglasses!

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful...Vanna! (Name that movie, except it's Cole, not Vanna:))

7 comments:

julie said...

So sorry about the sickness! There's not a whole lot worse than feeling like that..ugh! Haha, Ethan loves wearing glasses in the car too..and that movie is Mr. Holland's Opus..which I started singing and knew before I even saw the Cole part. So I'm pretty much amazing. :)

Melonie Harris said...

What a bummer... it is seriously zero fun when they are sick... I am so sorry!! It looks like you all are doing really well.. I can't believe Vanna is 9 months!! Time flies!!

Darci and Ryan said...

I'm sorry you guys have been sick--no fun. I just made a post almost just like this.

Cami Jo said...

I hate being sick, and even worse is having sick kids! Hope everyone gets feeling better soon. I'm impressed that Cash hasn't broken the glasses yet! We gave Carson a pair to borrow once, and they were broke within two minutes! Cute pictures. By the way, I have no idea what movie that is.

Suzie-Q said...

I hate being sick but I know that I am going to enjoy being sick for the next 6 months at the most.
When the get things dirty aren't you so happy that you live in a home with a washer and dryer? Oh how I miss mine. I keep telling Rob that it is time to move out of this apt just so I can have a washer and dryer, I can hardly wait to have some again! That I don't have to spend so much to use!
Hope that you feel better soon!

Marcy M Miller said...

I know how you feel. Have sick and being sick yourself is no fun at all. Hallee and I have had a cold for 10 days know, the first two days I was so exhausted I layed on the couch. Blyss has been throwing up for 2 days and nights, my washer and dryer haven't stopped. I can't wait till its over. Hope you guys get feeling better.

amber-girl said...

I DESPISE being sick...especially when the whole family gets sick!! And isn't it awful when you just can't find the energy to clean and do all the things you normally do? I feel for ya girl!! So....GET BETTER SOON!!!! All of ya!!!

I cannot believe Vanna is almost one!!! Hurray for milestones!!! Carter was supposed to go to nursery today for his first time but guess what? My kids are SICK too!!!!! And I feel it coming my way! BLAST!!! Like you said, sometimes, no matter what you do, the sick virus just seems to seep in and catch ya anyway!!