Saturday, February 7, 2009

Beading

Who knew this could be so fun?! A good friend of mine here in Payette has invited me over a couple times to bead (make fun jewelry with her huge bead collection). She works on her projects (usually gifts to other people) and is sweet to offer all her supplies for me to try and create something in return for company and chatter (I feel bad and have to pay her back somehow so I watch her kids for a couple hours here and there in return too).
Here's a picture of some tiny bracelets I made Vanna! They really do look darling on her. I made a pink one, purple one, blue one, pearl one and multi colored one. With those colors she should be covered and have a bracelet to match most any outfit.

My camera wasn't cooperating real well so it was hard to get a pix of each bracelet up close to turn out but I finally got this closer picture of a couple.


I've also made a few sets of adult necklaces (long and short) with their matching bracelets and sometimes even with matching earrings too. It has been fun learning about and doing something I've never done before (never even thought of doing before) and my little projects are actually turning out so that makes it even better. I'm excited to doll Vanna up in her little outfits with matching bracelets!

6 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

I think they are way cute! I might have to put an order in for you to make some for my girls.
I love the multi colored ones!

Marcy M Miller said...

How cute. I would love to learn how to bead. That is awesome that you have someone teaching you.

Darci and Ryan said...

So much fun. They look great! I love making bracelets and bows for Ky! Girls are fun to spoil that way.

IRISH BERNT'S said...

THOSE ARE ADORABLE. BEADING IS SO FUN AND SAVES SO MUCH MONEY WHEN YOU HAVE LITTLE GIRLS. HOPE ALL IS WELL! LOVE YA AND MISS YA!

Cami Jo said...

I have always loved little bracelets on little girls, especially babies! I always said my girls would wear them, but then they were so expensive that I never had one! What a great idea though. You'll have to teach me if you are ever in town! They are really so cute!

Melinda said...

Way cute!! I used to do beading with indian seed beads in junior high and still mess around with it sometimes, but not very often. As soon as Vanna gets more more hair, you'll HAVE to check out the hair blogs I've got links to on my page, the ladies who write them make it SO easy to follow their instructions and the hair turns out so cute!!