Saturday, April 4, 2009

Welcome Visitors and Happy Easter too!

We had a wonderful week! On Tuesday my sister, Natalie, and her family came to stay a few days with us for their Spring Break. We gave them a tour of Payette and the surrounding area, took my nephews to story time, went out for pizza and played at the arcade, watched Ty's Pinewood Derby race (which he actually won as chamion-what a hoot), went shopping, and drove out to Hell's Canyon. On our drive(which was one of the most beautiful drives I've ever been on by the way) we saw wild turkeys, mountain goats, pheasants, deer, elk and watched as fish were transplanted and dropped into the Snake from fish hatchery semi-trailers. My nephews were so thrilled to see those fish and even caught and helped several back into the water as they'd swim right up to them onto the dock-not knowing where to go once they were released. We also just played, visited and enjoyed one another's company. I know Cash especially loved playing with his three cousins. My poor kids were both a little sick with colds but Vanna came down with her second ear infection so she wasn't herself much until the day our visitors left. It felt so lonely when they left Friday. We absolutely loved having them. Silly me...I didn't take any pictures of all the above - I swear I never take my camera when I really need to.


On another note...about a month ago, we took the kids to a hatchery in Caldwell where they had hundreds of baby chicks and baby ducks for sale. They are kind enough there to just let kids come in and hold/pet the little darlings so we made the trip. Cash was very good to be gentle and soft with the babies and enjoyed it big time. Vanna preferred to look at the chicks from a distance but was very entertained. I thought they'd be some cute pictures to share to get us in the Easter spirit.


HAPPY EASTER!!!

5 comments:

Cami Jo said...

How nice to have some visitors! I'm sure you loved having them. Sounds like you guys had fun, and those baby chicks are adorable. How fun.

Jasonites said...

Hey there Bazil family! your kids are getting so big. I found your blog through someone and thought I'd drop a line. How's life over there and how does Ty like being a full fledged pharmacist? Happy Easter! Aime

Marcy M Miller said...

HOw fun. We need to come see you guys sometime, maybe this summer when Hallee is done with school and dance. We saw baby chicks at Cal Ranch and the girls just loved them especially Blyss. I'm glad you had fun with your sister and her family.

Suzie-Q said...

WE always like driving down thorugh Hells canyon on our way to Boise. It really is a nice area.
Happy Spring!

Melinda said...

I absolutely LOVE the look on Vanna's face s she eyes those chicks! It's classic. Cashe looks so proud to be holding one, it's darling!