Monday, April 20, 2009

Vanna's First

Vanna had her 1st birthday on Friday, April 17th! I can't believe that much time has flown by so quickly. She's still my baby and to say she's a year old now sounds crazy! Because it worked out better with Daddy's work schedule, we celebrated on Sunday. Here's some pix of Vanna on her actual b-day, Friday.
She's walking all over the place now. Only a week ago she was pretty chicken and if she took a couple steps it was because we begged her to. Now it's all her idea and she's really getting around. She's so cute with her "baby-steps".
Vanna's party had a flower theme. "Come celebrate with me, among flowers so pretty, and you will soon see, I'm no longer itty-bitty" was written on the flower invitiations I made. We decorated with colorful pink flowers.
We had a few friends over to play a couple games which included: pin the bee on the flower, a guess how many jelly beans were in the floral glass jar game, a guess what flower is pinned on your back game, a balloon race game, and a flower pinata. I think the pinata was a hit. Even Vanna got a turn (sorry my pictures didn't turn out real great - I'll have to steal some from the cute ones my friends got of her).
We had cake and ice cream. Of course the cake and cupcakes were decorated with flowers too. Vanna was so cute with her cake - she was so dainty and ate it so carefully. As you can see, she loved it.
We bought her a front facing carseat, several pair of p.j.'s and I made her some hair clips (mainly just things she needed anyway-lame I know but you gotta do it while you can get away with it right?). We're buying her and Cash a swingset for the backyard for their birthdays so we didn't go too over board yesterday. We thought we'd get more of a reaction from Cash with it too so we're waiting to "present" it until his birthday - but don't tell him - it's a secret. :)These are the clips I made. I'll have to practice more, but I thought they turned out pretty cute - for a 1st timer.

We all had a great time. It was so fun celebrating our little doll. Vanna is such a sweet spirit and such a joy to have in our family. We wouldn't be complete without her. We love her to death.

Vanna's birthday also serves as a reminder to us of the so many acts of kindness we were recipients of when we had her a year ago. We struggled a bit and don't believe we could have made it without our dear family and friends - so thank you again, for your love and support in our times of need and always. We love you!

9 comments:

Marcy M Miller said...

Happy Birthday Vanna! Sounds like a fun birthday party, and what fun games. The birthday cake is really cute. Your bows turned out darling too, I've been meaning to try the yo-yo type as well.

Amy S said...

I can't believe it has been a year already. I remember being at the playground at Mckinely Manor the day before she was born talking about it all. Time is just flying by! What a fun birthday party, I love the theme and the invite saying. Vanna is such a cute little girl!

Melonie Harris said...

Wahooo a year!! Taya's is coming soon!! Cute bows!! They turned out great!

Mary Clark said...

wow! Vanna is already a year. Time does go by too fast. She is adorable and I bet she was the cutest eating her cake. Cute bows by the way. You should sell them! Hope all is well

Suzie-Q said...

Happy Birthday little girl! It really is crazy how fast the time goes.

Darci and Ryan said...

Great job on the party games, cake, bows, everything!! It looks like it waa lots of fun. She's lucky to have you for a mom!

Cami Jo said...

Happy late Birthday Vanna! I cannot believe she is 1! She looks so cute, and I love her little clips. Good job! All the pictures on your past posts are adorable. It's fun to see how your family is getting along. Next time your up here, you'll have to stop by. We miss you guys! Really. James does too.

IRISH BERNT'S said...

SHE IS ADORABLE. THOSE CLIPS ARE SO CUTE TOO! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO VANNA-I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE IS THAT OLD ALREADY! I REMEMBER ALL THE PROBLEMS AT FIRST-GLAD SHE IS SO HEALTHY AND HAPPY NOW. HOPE ALL IS WELL! LOOKS LIKE HER PARTY WAS A HIT! LOVE YA, TONYA

Zoey said...

So much fun!!! WOW - it's amazing how fast a year flies by!!!