Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Trip Highlights

We went down to Rigby to spend our Easter weekend with Ty's family. We left early Thursday and got back home last night. We had a great time - here are some highlights:

1. Family. We got to see and spend time with every member of Ty's family. This doesn't happen very often-his brother Trevor lives in Nevada and they hadn't even seen Vanna yet (who turns 1 this week)-so it's been a while.

2. Cousins. The cousins had crazy fun together. It is so entertaining to watch them chase eachother around and crack eachother up over the silliest things.



3. Announcement. Dixie is having another baby.

4. Kites. Grandma and Grandpa Bazil gave Cash a kite and he and his cousins had a good time flying their kites. It was Cash's first time.

5. Blastoff. The whole family went to Blastoff to play miniature golf and let the kids play in their fun playground. Vanna loved the ball pit.



6. Dinner. After fun at Blastoff, we were treated to dinner at Sizzler which was yummy. Thank you James and Orillia. Vanna got her first sucker there (she was in 7th heaven) and it turned her mouth completely green. Cash loved his ice cream cone too.




7. Traditions. An adorable store in rigby that has the cutest home decor items. I bought a wreath holder, two wall sconces, and a sofa table to put in my entry way. I'm so excited to add them to our house.

8. Easter Egg hunt. It was adorable to watch Cash search for the eggs on Saturday that Ty...I mean...the Easter bunny hid. It was Vanna's first egg hunt and I don't think she knew quite what to think but she loved playing with the eggs-of course only after Cash had emptied and eaten the candy out of them first and they no longer entertained him.




9. Cows. The kids always love seeing the cows and calves when we go to Grandma and Grandpa's.




10. Date. Grandma and Grandpa Bazil offered to watch the kids while Ty and I (and Trevor and Dixie) went on a date. We went to the movies and watched Knowing-it's okay but it was fantastic to spend some time together-just us.

11. Cash and Vanna's Easter. Vanna got a new Easter dress and Cash got some new church shoes. They also got several bath toys (they love their bath and I thought this would be a lot of fun for them since they didn't really have much to play with in the tub) and a movie to share. Ty got some ties for work, a back scratcher (to replace me :)) and some candy. He let me do my hair - I had it darkened - it was darker than I expected but I actually really like it now that I'm used to it, and he got me some of my favorite candy too.


12. Baby blessing. Yesterday we went to Blackfoot to see my brother, Travis, and his wife, Stacey, bless their new little girl-Lucy Kay. She's beautiful and reminds me a lot of her older sister McKaydee.

13. More family. At the blessing we also got to see and spend time with every member of my family (minus my dad and step-mom and step-sisters on the other side). This also doesn't happen very often and it was wonderful. Cash also loved seeing his cousins on this side of the family. Here's some pix of the group.

Tab, Mom, Me, Josh, Natalie, Travis, Jason

Siblings - Me, Josh, Natalie, Travis, Jason

Cousins - Lucy, Jenna, Vanna, Avery, Mitchell, Roger,

Dawson, Colton, Sophia, Cash, McKaydee

Vanna loved her new little babysitter her older cousin, Avery. The kids had a great time with their cousins. The whole trip was just awesome because we got to spend so much time with so many of our family members. Happy Easter!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Ty's brother, Nick, graduated from college and we celebrate that too-and saw their new house which is beautiful. Congrats!

7 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

Happy Easter! Looks like you had so much fun!
That is excitying that you got to see so much family all in one place. that doesn't seem to happen very often it seems.

Darci and Ryan said...

Looks like fun! Ky had the same dress, love it! Your hair looks great too!

Marcy M Miller said...

You are on top of things!!!! It was fun to see you guys. I'm glad you had a great trip.

Shauna said...

Your kids are looking so much alike. It is so cute!

Melonie Harris said...

holy cow.. what a busy weekend!! looks like you had a lot of fun!!!what a cute ester dress that Vanna has.. wow and 1 years old.. it goes by so fast!

Camille said...

What a fun weekend! Love Vanna's dress, and your hair looks darling.

I had to stop going to Traditions when I visted Rigby, too many things I wanted, and not enough room in the suitcase... can't wait to see what you brought home!

The Nelsons said...

Looks like you guys had a busy weekend. How fun! I can't believe Vanna is going to be one! I was just thinking about when you had her and everything you guys went through. It's so good to see her doing so well.
And your hair is way cute. I like the dark! Looks good.