Monday, June 9, 2008

Cash's 2nd Birthday

I know we celebrated Cash's birthday with family before we moved but it didn't seem right not to do something on his actual birthday so...we made another cake and did it all over again.


Cash actually did really well on the "blowing out the candle" bit (but not before stealing a taste of the frosting). He followed his dad's lead and did it all by himself (although it wasn't hard enough to actually blow out the candle completely).

Vanna even got in on the celebration - well kind of. :)

He had a huge piece of cake but wanted to get down to play with his new toy before finishing it - no surprise there.


James and Orillia had sent Cash some money for a birthday gift so we got him this basketball hoop. Cash's friend Carson, in Pocatello, had one like it and whenever Cash went there to play - he played with the basketball hoop.

Ty set up the hoop while Cash was taking a nap after church. When he woke up and he saw the hoop he whispered "oh" and left his mouth open in the oh position (that's the best explanation I've got) and looked at me with a look of complete joy on his face mixed with a question of "is that really for me?" It was perfect. He has played and played with that thing since.



I think Cash had a good time and enjoyed his birthday #2. I can't believe two years has gone by. He's not our little baby anymore, in more ways than one. We didn't know we could be so happy and enjoy our kids so much.

7 comments:

Mary Clark said...

so much as happened with your family. Isn't it fun to finally settle down and enjoy life without school! Your new house looks great and Im sure you will love washing your clothes whenever you want and not have to worry about quarters!! Cash is such a great big brother and Vanna looks adorable in her blessing dress. Where exactly in idaho is Payette?
Take care and have fun

Suzie-Q said...

Happy Birthday Cash!!
I didn't remember that Hailey was only about a 1/2 year older then Cash but then again it has been awhile since I have seen you and my kids hardly remember the ward. I hope you 2yr old is better then mine. She is a temper thrower, maybe it is just besause she is a girl too. Caleb didn't act like that. Glad you got everything done that you needed to for you busy busy little time in you life.
I love you perm, (you should try getting three ready inthe morning)I wish I could do something like that with mine. It really does look great.

Marcy M Miller said...

I'm glad that Cash had a fun birthday and got a little basketball hoop- He is definately a ball person and would love it. Hope things are going well!

Trenton & Maren said...

Your blog is so cute. I love all the new pictures. Wow- I'm impressed with Ty's high honors and Rho Chi. You guys have had such a busy couple of months. Hope you are feeling a little bet settled. I bet you are loving the new house and the space!

Cami Jo said...

I'm so glad to see more pictures! The house looks awesome! So fun! Cash's birthday cake(s) were adorable too. I'll have to remember the ideas! Vanna looked beautiful in her dress. I didn't really get a good look at her on the blessing day.

I can't wait until I can give James a kiss like that! (The kind when he is wearing the robe!!) We miss you guys! Carson reall misses Cash. He has been taking out all his rough energy out on his sister. He needs another rough little boy again!!!

Camille said...

Hello!

I saw your link over at Marcy's blog and thought I'd stop by and say hello! I knew Ty up at BYU-Idaho, and grew up near the Bazils, so it has been fun to see your cute family and what you guys have been up to.

Congratulations on all of it- the cute kids, new baby, graduating and the house. Looks like you guys are doing great!

Camille (Olaveson)
www.camilleroskelley.typepad.com

amber-girl said...

Erica!!
Hi, its amber meredith!! I just got into this blog thing and love it! Add my blog to yours, so we can keep in touch! Guess what? Last month was the first month in forever where I didn't have visiting teachers come over! Sad! I miss you! Vanna is so sweet and I LOVE your home! Congrats on everything, you guys deserve it!

blog-amber-meredith.blogspot.com