Monday, June 9, 2008

Graduation-It Finally Came


Ty finally graduated!!! The big day was May 10, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. He will be so embarrassed that I posted this stuff but I have to brag him up a bit. I couldn't be more proud of Ty. He's accomplished so much more than I know I could have done. His schooling was so hard and required so much. Ty did it so well too - he made the dean's list every semester of pharmacy school and so he graduated with high honors. He also received an award the night before graduation, at a pharmacy banquet dinner, for communications while doing his rotations. We plan to hang his diploma and award up in our new house - now I just have to decide where.

Ty had been going to school for 8 1/2 years so graduation day had been long awaited. I thought he deserved a congratulatory kiss!

Doesn't he look good in all that get up? One set of cords is for his high honors and the other is for his membership in Rho Chi.


Yes, Vanna was there to watch her daddy graduate. Where we were due with her so closely to Ty's graduation date we were really wondering how things were going to work out and just hoped she wouldn't come while I should be watching him "walk the walk" for graduation.

We left Cash with our amazing friends, the Jepsons rather than make him suffer through the 4 hours or so that it took to get through all the graduates. He had much more fun playing with his friends Carson and McKenzie. This was just one of countless times the Jepsons saved us with their generosity and help. We will miss them since we won't be so close anymore. We also got to see some of our other friends graduate - Crystal Roskelley, Anton Nelson and Ryder Carson.

Ty's mom and dad and my mom and stepdad were also there with Vanna and I to watch Ty graduate and celebrate his accomplishment. In fact, Ty's parents took us to Sizzler afterwards to eat - Yum!

We're just so glad this day has come!

1 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

congratulations on Graduating!!! What a big accomplishment in your lives!!
I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it,with out worring about maybe going into labor during the whole thing.