Monday, June 9, 2008

A Triple Header

We had a packed weekend before we moved. Ty graduated May 10th and on May 11th we blessed Vanna. We wanted to bless her in Pocatello before we moved even though Vanna was still so new and tiny - to do it in the ward we had grown to love so much and also so that it would be easier for family to attend.



I truly don't think I've ever heard a better blessing given by a father to his sweet daughter (but I'm sure I'm biased). Ty truly did an amazing job. Vanna behaved well during the blessing. We didn't hear a peep from her and of course she was beatiful in her long white dress and big white bow.




Cash is kissing Vanna's head here, we just didn't catch it real great. He has been so good with Vanna. We haven't had a single jealousy episode yet. He just likes to pet her and kiss her head. When he hears her crying he'll say, "uh oh" and run to her where he then says, "hi Nanna". I've been so pleased with the way he's so easily taken on the role of big brother. Cash is such a blessing and joy in our lives - now Vanna is too.



After Vanna's blessing we had a luncheon outside our apartment where we celebrated her arrival and blessing day, as well as Cash's birthday and my mom's retirement. Cash's birthday wasn't for another couple weeks but I wanted him to feel special and be with his cousins one last time before we left. So we had cake and ice cream. Him and his cousins dug right in. Cash loved the marshmallows and skittles on the cake. Cash got a couple books from family and we got him his first bike. He loved to sit and tip-toe his way around the playground on any bike he could find outside so we thought he'd love his own bike - we were right.




Like the title says - we had a triple header. We also celebrated my mom's retirement. We were a little early on this celebration as well but again, our family wanted to do something for her before we moved. She had taught for 33 years and we figured she deserved some recognition. She also got a cake and each of us kids provided her with a new updated family picture to display on her new shelf Tab's building for her. We also got her a nice set of lugguge to accompany her on her trip to Nauvoo. That's what her and Tab are doing to celebrate her retirement (and Tab got her a new sewing machine - he spoils her - but that's what we like).

I have been so blessed to have such an amazing mom! She took care of me beyond anything I could have expected while I was on bedrest and trying to take care of Vanna in the hospital. She and Tab watched Cash several times, she took care of all my household responsibilities like cleaning and laundry. I counted and I didn't do a load of laundry for 8 weeks! She made many meals for us, did my grocery shopping, oh she just did oodles. I couldn't have asked for a better mom. She made it hard to leave makes it very hard for me to be away. We have so many to thank in our families and ward for all their love and help through our ordeal as well! We thank you and love you!

1 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

What a great day for you! ANd yes, Blessing are extra special when they are your own childrens.
Vanna's dress is so pretty!