Monday, June 30, 2008

All Smiles

Vanna has been such a sweet joy in our lives. Vanna has smiled alot since her birth mainly because the poor thing was a little gassy (she'll hate it when she's older and finds out I told everyone that :)) but she has just started to smile, for real, and coo - it's adorable. Her first smiles were for her daddy-no fair.



Vanna is growing like a weed. She had her two month old doctor's appointment last week and weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs. 12 oz. Ty and I always make bets on what the kids' weight is going to be at their appointments and he was closer this time. I was off by more than a pound. Vanna took me by surprise. Her little cheeks and thighs are not so little anymore.



For the longest time Vanna was our Sleeping Beauty all day long and hungry all night but I think she's finally getting things figured out. For three nights now Vanna has slept 6-7 hours straight - so now mommy is all smiles too! This is wonderful compared to the 3 or 4 or 10 she used to wake up before.

It's amazing to me how quickly babies grow and learn. Vanna is already spoiled because she throws a fit when she's set down. We always give in because she's such a cuddle bug and that goes away too fast. We also give in because when she gets mad-she gets mad and immediately turns bright red and hardly breathes from crying so hard. Of course it all shuts off when you pick her up. Is it too early for her to be having mood swings :)? Regardless of her temper and impatience we love her to death and are so happy she's a part of our little family!

7 comments:

amber-girl said...

Erica, Vanna is soo cute! From the sounds of things you said about her temperment I would guess she is just all girl!! Girls are truly tempermental!! I found you just have to have a LOT of patience with them!! Vanna is young, but it seems like she knows what she wants and won't settle for anything less!! :) It'll turn out to be a good trait for her later in life!

Oh, and....good luck with the "terrible two" stage!! When you are feeling frustrated with Cash, just check my blog and you'll feel much better...Cash will seem like a pretty OK kid compared to my rascal-girl!!!

Camille said...

Oh, she is so sweet! Love that second picture especially. What a smile!

Thanks for dropping by and saying hello, you are too sweet! And the new blog design looks great. I'm a sucker for anything with polka dots! So cute!

Marcy M Miller said...

I can't believe she is over 9 lbs.- she is gaining weight pretty good then! Vanna looks so cute with her headbands. Just hold her, they grow out of that way to fast.

Mary Clark said...

Vanna is adorable, and her headbands are cute too. Isn't it fun having a girl. Good luck with Cash. Eventually he will grow out of the terible twos and then new problems arrise at 3,4,5. Just love them.

IRISH BERNT'S said...

SHE IS SO CUTE AND GROWING SO FAST. GLAD THAT HER APPT AND ALL IS GOING WELL WITH HER. SHE IS ADORABLE...WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER AGAIN SINCE TIME GOES SO FAST. THE HAIR THINGS ARE ADORABLE. HOW DO YOU LIKE GIRLS HAIR? I MEAN EVEN IF THEY HAVE NONE IT IS SO FUN BECAUSE YOU CAN STILL USE BOWS, BOYS NOT SO MUCH...WELL TAKE CARE AND HAPPY 4TH!WE LOVE AND MISS YOU!

Cami Jo said...

Too cute! She looks adorable, Erica! You have such cute taste, I wouldn't expect her to be dressed less than adorable though!

About the link thing, I'm not sure. Some of mine came up funny, or different if their blogs were set to private. Do you think it has anything to do with that? Let me know if you can't figure it out. I could ask around!

Suzie-Q said...

the first smiles are the greatest. I thik they almost mean alittle more when you get to see them the first time, don't you think?
I always saw Chloe smile but then she would never do it for anyone else so Rob never beleived me for the longest time.
I have a pic of one of Chloes smiles and everytime I see it I just can't help but to smile myself!!